December 2013 Moms
Options

Naked Juice?

I've been having a tough time eating my veggies lately.  What does everyone think of Naked Juice?  I used to be obsessed with the Green Monster but haven't had it since being pregnant.

Loolaide, I just googled it and found an old post from you about drinking it back in 2011... Are you still drinking it?  Just out of curiosity, did you ever ask your doctor about it being lightly pasteurized?  It makes me feel reassured that the company took the time to write you back to explain flash pasteurization and that Tropicana uses the same process.

Re: Naked Juice?

• Options
    MEP923MEP923 member

I drank them in my last pregnancy, probably about once a month. I had one so far this time. I like them here and there.

imageimage

• Options
    KateVAKateVA member
    I've been having trouble getting my greens so I've been making strawberry and spinach smoothies with vanilla protein powder
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLoolaide:

Oh yeah, I drink those all the time!  I never had a problem and have no qualms with drinking them during pregnancy.  A lot of the time during first tri, I was (and am) too nauseous to eat fruit or veggies, so those save(d) my azz.

I never bothered to ask my doctor, since the internet (I googled and found reputable looking sites) told me that was as safe as normal pasteurization. 

woohoo!!! Thanks!  I'm totally going to get a couple and keep them around.  I also like the suggestion of vanilla protein shakes... I'm having a tough time keeping protein down. 

• Options
    I have one for breakfast everyday =D
  • Options
    InkfulInkful member
    There was a huge unpasteurized apple juice scare, in the 90's, in the west. So now, most major brands pasteurize their juices and smoothies. As long as you're double checking labels, you're probably fine.
  • Options
    It's a good way to sneak in veggies and nutrients :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"