May 2013 Moms
Options

WWYD: Swimming PP?

My Dr office is closed so I can't call them... I looked online and got various answers. I'm guessing I will get various answers here as well but I'm still curious. My family and I were invited to go swimming in a friends pool. It's regularly cleaned and has a lot of clorine in it. Would you do some light swimming in it at 3 weeks pp if you weren't bleeding anymore? I did have a small one degree tear so Idk if that will make a difference as well.

Re: WWYD: Swimming PP?

• Options
    I also had a 1 degree tear and my dr told me to avoid being submerged in water for at least 3 weeks so the stitches don't dissolve before it's properly healed.

As for swimming, I'd personally hold off for a little longer. At 25 days pp I still get sore if I'm up walking too long. I'm not bleeding anymore but I'd still be a little too uncomfortable with everything to go swimming. Every person and recovery is different, so that's just my opinion.
  • Options
    mytincmytinc member
    I was told no tub baths for a month.  I would assume being submerged in a pool would be equivalent.  I suggest skipping the pool. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I wouldn't. Especially if its chlorine.

I have a saltwater pool and was told no.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Erm.. I think it has more to do with the fact that your ute is a giant open sore at the moment.  Go ahead and swim if you think you can trust Dr. Google, but personally I'd wait until your next PP appt with your OB. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    JuberPJuberP member
    imagemytinc:
    I was told no tub baths for a month.nbsp; I would assume being submerged in a pool would be equivalent.nbsp; I suggest skipping the pool.nbsp;

That surprises me. Baths were recommended, and I have a 2nd degree tear. I've taken them almost daily.

I'd still be hesitant to swim, but mainly because of bleeding, assuming you feel up to it. You may have stopped, but I wouldn't want any surprises, so I'd probably wait until a dr.'s answer.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mytincmytinc member
    imageJuberP:
    imagemytinc:
    I was told no tub baths for a month.nbsp; I would assume being submerged in a pool would be equivalent.nbsp; I suggest skipping the pool.nbsp;
    That surprises me. Baths were recommended, and I have a 2nd degree tear. I've taken them almost daily. I'd still be hesitant to swim, but mainly because of bleeding, assuming you feel up to it. You may have stopped, but I wouldn't want any surprises, so I'd probably wait until a dr.'s answer.
    I had a second degree tear as well.  I guess all doctors/midwives are different, 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Options
    My Dr said no baths or anything that smurges in water. That would be no swimming either.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I was told no swimming or hot tubs for 6 weeks. I can take small sitz baths but nothing else. I had a small tear as well. I personally wouldn't risk it, it's not worth the potential infection it could cause.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I was told no until after my 6 week PP appointment.  My friend had her baby right after mine and sees her doctor at only 4 weeks but was specifically told no swimming pools until at least after that.

I'd skip it today without confirmation from a doctor.  If it's that important, maybe calling the on call line? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone,for your responses. I decided to just put my feet in and then tan on a lawn chair instead. Still a good day!
  • Options
    They told me that I could go swimming in week 6 and not before.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"