Natural Birth

Kaiser medical midwife

Just scheduled my July prenatal appt with a highly recommended midwife at kaiser Los Angeles. I'm excited and tickled to know that kaiser offers that. Can't wait to meet with her and get her perspective and help on delivery at an institution like Kaiser. I will be lucky if I delivered while she was on call, but we'll have to see when time comes!

Anyone out there happen to have experience with the midwives at Kaiser LA, or other large hospital? I find it's hard to find people from LA on the bump...

Re: Kaiser medical midwife

• I'm in L.A. and I see the nurse midwives at UCLA Ronald Reagan. It's a practice where there are 5 of them and they rotate, so you are guaranteed to see a midwife at delivery. You also see whichever is on prenatal duty throughout your prenatal care, so you rotate through them and get to know them all. My experiences with them have been awesome. 

I don't know too much about Kaiser. One friend who delivered there had an easy time (but she had gone in with every intention of having some intervention, being induced, having an epidural, etc.).  The other hates it, but has not choice but to be there. Her delivery wasn't ideal. It might also vary from one Kaiser to another. 

• imagesomerandomchick:
    There should be a local LA board.

Yes, there is! But it is quite inactive... ::sad face::
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my first baby at Kaiser South Sacramento (my OB and the MW's I saw actually deliver at Kaiser Roseville, but South Sac has a better natural birth and midwifery reputation, so we just went there when I went into labor instead...all with my OB's blessing based on how Kaiser operates).  It was a great experience!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"