August 2013 Moms

Name above crib

So I am going to put my sons name above his crib but don't know how I want to hang it. Those of you putting your son or daughters name up, how are you doing so? With wooden letters? Decals? I'm using wooden letters and thinking about putting them up with ribbon. Would like other ideas though!

Re: Name above crib

• The top of our walls are painted bright blue so we're using plain white wood letters to spell our son's name.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We got blocks that sit on a shelf about the changing table. I had the option of getting wall hooks for the back but didn't choose that option and wish I did because the blocks take up the whole shelf! I LOVE the idea to display LO name, but personally I'd stay away from ribbon for a boy. If you want the name to be used for years to come the ribbon may be outgrown for a boy in the near future. Best suggestion is get the letters, on blocks or just letters, and attach directly to wall from the back.
  • Loading the player...
  • DS has wooden letters that I handpainted, and as soon as I commit to a name for DD, I'll order hers from the same place.    DS's are currently mounted directly on the wall (letters came with nail slots built in).  DD's might be hung with ribbon though, since DH is probably going to have to patch and repaint when DS's letters come down.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• If we did that, we would have done white letters with circles painted on them.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • My MIL will be making a baby name pennant banner.

Something similar to this:

We're not naming him until after he's born so she's just going to have to wait until after he's here to make it!

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We are having a boy. We hung his name (Joel) over the crib. We used wooden letters with craft paper modge podged on there and tied them up with ribbon. The ribbon is pretty manly looking.... but I also know he'll outgrow the ribbon. I expect to attach hooks to the back as he gets older.
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• We're going to use these 3m hanging strips. That way when lo gets older, if he doesn't want them we can take them down and not have to worry about repainting or holes in the wall. We plan of getting wooden letters at the craft store that I'll decorate.

https://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_WW/Command/home/us_en/products/poster_strips/
  • We're using wooden letters and sticking them up with the new 3M hanging strips.  They're really sturdy and hold a good amount of weight.
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• imageMaritza707:
    We're going to use these 3m hanging strips. That way when lo gets older, if he doesn't want them we can take them down and not have to worry about repainting or holes in the wall. We plan of getting wooden letters at the craft store that I'll decorate.

https://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_WW/Command/home/us_en/products/poster_strips/

That's a great idea. I keep going back and forth about whether ribbon would be ideal for a boy or not and the wooden letters I have just don't seem like I could attach much to the back. Have you tried those strips? I know they claim not to ruin the wall but I am skeptical about it ripping the paint off! If not, I def would use those!!

• imageVG101808:
    We're using wooden letters and sticking them up with the new 3M hanging strips.nbsp; They're really sturdy and hold a good amount of weight.

Have you used those strips anywhere else to test and see if they ruin the wall?

• imageVG101808:
    We're using wooden letters and sticking them up with the new 3M hanging strips.nbsp; They're really sturdy and hold a good amount of weight.

• I bought wooden letters and painted them!
    They are held up by nails
  • imageAACaHa13:
    imageVG101808:

Yep! I've used them on picture frames throughout the house.  No problems whatsoever.  If I remember correctly they come in different weight limits too? But I might be making that up, lol!

I didn't know they existed until I read about them on a crafting blog.  The lady uses them EVERYWHERE in her house and had no complaints so I decided to give them a try and so far so good! (We've had stuff up for over a year now with no problems).

My baby is ONE!!

• imageV&G101808:

imageAACaHa13:
    imageVG101808:

Yep! I've used them on picture frames throughout the house.&nbsp; No problems whatsoever.&nbsp; If I remember correctly they come in different weight limits too?&nbsp;But I might be making that up, lol!

I didn't know they existed until I read about them on a crafting blog.&nbsp; The lady uses them EVERYWHERE in her house and had no complaints so I decided to give them a try and so far so good! (We've had stuff up for over a year now with no problems).

. That's great!! Thanks! That is what I will be using then!

• imageAACaHa13:
    imageV&G101808:

imageAACaHa13:
    imageVG101808:

Yep! I've used them on picture frames throughout the house.  No problems whatsoever.  If I remember correctly they come in different weight limits too? But I might be making that up, lol!

I didn't know they existed until I read about them on a crafting blog.  The lady uses them EVERYWHERE in her house and had no complaints so I decided to give them a try and so far so good! (We've had stuff up for over a year now with no problems).

Just an FYI, these DID rip the paint off the wall in our bedroom. I used them for something else in our room.

Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• imageAACaHa13:
    imageV&G101808:

imageAACaHa13:
    imageVG101808:

Yep! I've used them on picture frames throughout the house.&nbsp; No problems whatsoever.&nbsp; If I remember correctly they come in different weight limits too?&nbsp;But I might be making that up, lol!

I didn't know they existed until I read about them on a crafting blog.&nbsp; The lady uses them EVERYWHERE in her house and had no complaints so I decided to give them a try and so far so good! (We've had stuff up for over a year now with no problems).

I usually use them to hang up our Christmas stockings for our pets. They come in different weight limits and types, like the Velcro or hooks. I've never has any problems on our painted walls or the painted faux bricks we have going down to our basement.
  • imagemommabmb:
    imageAACaHa13:
    imageV&G101808:

imageAACaHa13:
    imageVG101808:

Just an FYI, these DID rip the paint off the wall in our bedroom. I used them for something else in our room.

That sucks!  I've used them for a while now and I've even take some strips down to move pictures and thankfully haven't had this happen.

My baby is ONE!!

• We put the wooden letters in a frame, used scrapbook paper behind the letters and left off the glass..then just hung as frames
  • imageMaritza707:
    We're going to use these 3m hanging strips. That way when lo gets older, if he doesn't want them we can take them down and not have to worry about repainting or holes in the wall. We plan of getting wooden letters at the craft store that I'll decorate. https://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_WW/Command/home/us_en/products/poster_strips/

This is what I plan on doing too. But I am also toying with putting up LO's ultra sound pics in these small black frames I have no other use for and arranging them in the shape of an A. I will use the command strips for either. I love those things.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • For my nephew I painted a small canvas (one for each letter of his name) each with a different pattern from his crib set blanket, then painted each letter of his name on them. I wish I had a pic because it really is cute! I plan on doing the same thing for my LO. I just need to get some smaller canvases because I only have a few big ones right now.

I agree with pp about not using ribbon for a boy, but maybe something like twine or wire so it's more masculine?

• For some reason I have a fear of hanging things over the crib, like I get paranoid they will fall into the crib or something.  

I like the look of a custom wall decal.  There are tons to choose from on Etsy. 

• We got the hanging paper letters from Land of Nod for DD. Still love them so much! They're adorable! They come strung on a ribbon, and you can attach ends of the ribbon to the wall with decorative push pins or tie them in bows on their adorable little wooden knobs/hooks. Definitely planning on getting one for the new baby once we know boy or girl!

https://www.landofnod.com/wall-letters/kids-room-decor/see-your-name-in-varsity-font-wallpaper/f489

https://www.landofnod.com/cant-miss-wall-knobs-airplane/f12110

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our daughter going to be named after my DH grandma and my grandma both have passed away My grandma loved to play scrabble so we found a place online they make scrabble pieces so that how her name will be on the wall. We are adding her middle name so it can look like a game of scrabble
  • We used wall decals over the crib because we are in earthquake country and I worried about things falling on his head. 
  • I'm in the process of covering 6x6 canvas stretched over wood that I covered in different fabric patterns and then I'm going to hot glue wooden letters on, one letter per square and hang those
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC since July 2011
    HSG normal in May 2012 followed by three unmonitored clomid cycles unsuccessful
    Unexplained female infertility (My husband apparently has super sperm)
    IUI # 1 Nov 24
    BFP Dec 8! EDD Aug 17th, due to Preeclampsia and HELLP, Kylie Penelope was born July 30th!

• I bought 4 small  canvases handpainted the letters with the animals that match the crib bedding set I am getting.  The I staple giraffe print ribbon to use to hang them.  ( my theme is jungle).  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"