Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Food intake

How many oz does your FF 8 month old eat? Also what solids are you feeding? Thanks
6 & 2 year old, 2 losses

Re: Food intake

• My DD has four bottles of 6oz each. She eats 3 meals of solids. Her morning solids is usually cereal and fruit. For lunch, it's fruit and veggies. For dinner, it's usually what we have to eat. She also has a morning snack around 9:00am, which is usually toast or a multigrain pancake, or some cut up fruit. I'm trying to incorporate the afternoon snack, but unfortunately it doesn't really work with her nap. During snack time and in the afternoon, she has water from a sippy cup. I also offer her Cheerios, puffs, or Baby Mum mums occasionally.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageskate88:

My DD has four bottles of 6oz each. She eats 3 meals of solids. Her morning solids is usually cereal and fruit. For lunch, it's fruit and veggies. For dinner, it's usually what we have to eat. She also has a morning snack around 9:00am, which is usually toast or a multigrain pancake, or some cut up fruit. I'm trying to incorporate the afternoon snack, but unfortunately it doesn't really work with her nap. During snack time and in the afternoon, she has water from a sippy cup. I also offer her Cheerios, puffs, or Baby Mum mums occasionally.

What kind of sippy cup? When is her last bottle of the day in relation to bed time? Does she space her bottles every 4 hrs? Just trying to figure it all out. Right now DD does 4 6oz bottles and then takes another 2-3 oz as part of bed time routine. I feed her dinner about an 1.5 hrs before bed time so not sure how/when to cut out that bed time bottle. Plus she will only eat purees and some puffs/cheerios. Wanting to give other stuff but nervous, she is a "gagger!"

6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
  • Loading the player...
  • imagepumpkinhead4:
    imageskate88:

My DD has four bottles of 6oz each. She eats 3 meals of solids. Her morning solids is usually cereal and fruit. For lunch, it's fruit and veggies. For dinner, it's usually what we have to eat. She also has a morning snack around 9:00am, which is usually toast or a multigrain pancake, or some cut up fruit. I'm trying to incorporate the afternoon snack, but unfortunately it doesn't really work with her nap. During snack time and in the afternoon, she has water from a sippy cup. I also offer her Cheerios, puffs, or Baby Mum mums occasionally.

What kind of sippy cup? When is her last bottle of the day in relation to bed time? Does she space her bottles every 4 hrs? Just trying to figure it all out. Right now DD does 4 6oz bottles and then takes another 2-3 oz as part of bed time routine. I feed her dinner about an 1.5 hrs before bed time so not sure how/when to cut out that bed time bottle. Plus she will only eat purees and some puffs/cheerios. Wanting to give other stuff but nervous, she is a "gagger!"

I'm sure you are doing great. It makes sense that your little one is drinking additional milk if she is only eating purees. There is nothing wrong with this, she will starting eating more chunky solids when she's ready. Rememer every baby is different.

My dd likes the Playtex sippy cups. She wakes up around 7 am, gets a bottle and eats. Then a snack and water around 9am. She naps for about an hour. Has her next bottle at around 11:30 and eats a lunch. She naps in the afternoon around 1:30 to 3:00/3:30. She has a bottle and then supper around 4:00/4:30. And then somewhere between 7:00 and 8:00pm I give her a night time bottle. She's usually in bed by 8pm, but sometimes earlier. I'm really trying to get my dd ready for daycare, so i'm trying to start following the schedule that they have. This is why I have started the snacks. Unfortunately, daycare has only one nap, and my LO is still on two! But we have three more months to go, so hopefully by then she will be ready. Oh, and my DD is a really good eater, and has been on solids since five months, which is probably why she can already eat table food.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD eats 4 6oz bottles per day.  She has 2-3 meals of solids.  She eats purees, cereal and puffs.  She has eaten all the stage 2 foods that Beech Nut makes.
    TTC #1 since May 2010
    9/10 and 1/11 Normal blood work
    2/11 50 mg Clomid = BFN
    4/11 50 mg Clomid = BFN
    5/11 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    6/11 2.5 mg Femara = BFN
    7/11 2.5 mg Femara = BFN
    SA normal and HSG all clear
    11/11 14 HMG shots with HCG trigger = BFN
    12/11 Femara + HMG = BFP!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • at 35 weeks old it is recommended to give 28-30 oz of milk and you should keep it this way with solids: 80% milk and 20% solids. Also, I'm not good at knowing what to give to my baby but i always find different fruits and vegetables,here: https://goodmomming.com/  there're specific for age. you might give it a try.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"