Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Britax B-Agile or City Select? Worth the extra money?

My daughter registered for the Britax B-Agile travel system. We went to a baby expo yesterday and she fell in love with the City Select. The City is about $150 more and you'd still need to buy the infant car seat and I believe there is an adapter that you have to buy for the stroller to accommodate the car seat . The Britax comes with the infant car seat. She is planning on having a second child when her first is around 3 years old so she liked that the City could become a double (after spending another $160 for the second seat). I agree that the City was so nice and versatile.

My question is to those who have had either/both or have knowledge of these. Is it worth all the extra money for the City? It has great reviews but I know the Britax is also pretty reputable.

Re: Britax B-Agile or City Select? Worth the extra money?

• Options
    They are both great systems. I'm less familiar with the city select but it comes down to personal preference and features that are appealing to the buyer. I wavered on our stroller decision because what we bought isn't great for 2 kiddos. Ultimately we decided we can't predict the future so we bought the stroller that worked best then. If we ever need to accommodate 2 kids we will sell what we have and get something that better suits the need.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

I was pretty set on the city select, but most people on here say their 3 year old doesn't really like to ride much. They are also really heavy and cumbersome, esp with 2 kids in them. I decided on the uppababy Cruz, which you can add a ride along board for an older child later. She could always sell the britax later and get a double, but I think if it is 3 years, she may change her mind on what she likes. Unless she was planning on having another right away, I don't think I would get it. FWIW, the britax b-ready has a second seat you can add. 

Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I suggest she check out the Britax B-Ready, the best of both worlds.  We LOVE our B-Ready. :)  I used a CM and absolutely hated it. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I have an average size three year old and looked at both of these strollers to use as a double stroller when DS2 was born.

Both DH (6'2") and I (5'3") kicked the bottom second seat while walking with the B-Agile- so that was out.

DS1 was too tall at three years old for the City Select. He's average size too. Also, the thing was a beast to steer with DS1 sitting in the front seat. I also didn't like how the front seat couldn't recline if it was facing outward with the baby seat carrier in the first/top position.

I wanted to love the select, but it just wouldn't work out. So we went with the City Mini Double GT. Our single is the City Elite, which we have had since DS1 was about a year old.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ebp913ebp913 member
    I would not get a stroller based on children that you don't have yet.  By the time she has a second, there will probably be newer and better options on the market.  The City select is very very large as a single.  I would never get it for only 1 child.  I would have her look into the City Versa.  It's got great features for 1 child - reversible, great fold, nice suspension and a good basket.  It's a sort of hybrid of the City Mini and City Select.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options

I saved money and decided to go with the B-Agile for my twins coming.  I learned with my older son that after he reached 1.5 years old, using a lightweight stroller was easier than continuing to use a much larger stroller.

I got the Maclaren lightweight stroller and my Bob (the larger stroller I got for my son) is now rarely used.

Expecting twins! Put on strict bedrest at home after preterm labor at 22 weeks. Hospitalized at 22 weeks and again at 29 weeks. No more please!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"