Toddlers: 24 Months+

Help - DS kicks/hits!

I need some advice.  My DS doesn't seem to be adjusting to his new sister very well or maybe it's just his age.  He's 3 and she's 10 months.  He hits and kicks her a lot.  That's probably what he gets in trouble for most.  He'll also kick/hit me and DH, but it's mostly DD.  What do I do?  We've done time out, send him to his room, occasionally spank...nothing seems to work, he continues to do it.  
DS is going to be a big brother! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Help - DS kicks/hits!

• Hi saw your post and that sounds like my daughter when my son was born she was super jealous and when he started crawling and getting mobile she started to bite / hit or push him we just kept them apart as much as possible which I know is hard to do we also showed how to be gentle and eventually she stopped once her brother bite her back she didn't like it and came crying to me and I pointed out that she does the same thing to him and it hurts since then they basically get along , now I'm at the stage where they both get into things and make messes 
  • Im sort of in the same boat. Someone gave DD a puppy for her bday and she is way rough with him. He is tiny....a 2.7lb chihuahua mix and its an all day thing to stop her from kicking/hitting/throwing things at him. I know a puppy is not the same as a baby....But it has made us hold off on getting pregnant again because DH thinks she will be the same way with a baby. Idk at what age they outgrow this....Its heartbreaking and you dont want neither to be hurt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in a similar position.  Not with my baby, who is almost 8 months, but with a little girl I babysit.  Since she started walking, DS is very very rough with her.  He is constantly hitting her, pushing her, taking toys from her, etc. 
    I really am just getting to the end of my rope!  I had to change his time-outs from our usual time-out mat the kneeling on the kitchen floor because he'd rather go on the time-out mat than apologize. 
    I am glad he doesn't bite, but holy crap, the hitting/pushing is getting so awful!  The poor little girl won't even be doing anything wrong, just playing by herself, and he will walk up to her and push her onto her face. :[

He is actually super good with the baby.  He never pushes her or hits her or anything.  When she starts to walk, I feel like it will be another story all together.
    Little Man 1.8.11
    Freshie Girl 9.29.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"