New Jersey Babies
Options

Horizon BCBS or other Insurance- Best plan for Pregnancy?

Hello all-

This is my first post! I'm excited to be here, and I hope to interact with you all, learn a few things, and make some new friends. :) 

I'm currently TTC, and was wondering which Individual Plan from Horizon BCBS would be the best in terms of coverage for pregnancy? I have had the EPO Plus Plan before, but from what I know, this does not cover much when it comes to lab tests, ultrasounds, etc.  

Just wondering what you all have? Also, I would be willing to look into any other Health Insurance Company that has good coverage when it comes to pregnancy...so any help at all would be appreciated. 

Thanks! 

Re: Horizon BCBS or other Insurance- Best plan for Pregnancy?

• Options

BCBS is HUGE!! My professional advise would be to sit down with an Insurance Broker... tell them your concerns and needs. Every business should really have a broker, someone that is a liaison between the business owner and the representative at the insurance company that sets up the official plans for you.  They will be able to point you in the right direction. Not every persons plan from company to company is the same. Also different states have different rules. Plans rules can be different if your company has more than say 25,000 ppl working there as apposed to 25. There are just sooo many factors.  I would also ask the ppl you work with which one they chose and if they are happy with their decision. The good news is that BCBS is the biggest company in NJ and they are pretty good... be aware  if you do pick them.... you can register (once a member) and see ALL your benefits, as well as ALL claims info and denials all right there on the internet. I think members can even file appeals via internet... which saves mommy a TON of time.

***IMPORTANT THING MOMMIES***

The day your baby is born ENROLL THEM!!! That way you will be less likely to have HUUUGE bills coming in stating baby not enrolled... I work in a Peeds office and we see it all the time!!

If you every have ins or billing issues please dont hesitate to message me.

GOOD LUCK!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"