Toddlers: 24 Months+

Maclaren Triumph for a 3yo?

We recently moved to Orlando and are finding ourselves going to Disney often so I want to get a lightweight stroller for DS1 to ride in when he gets tired. (DS2 rides in our City Mini) I found a Maclaren Triumph on Craigs List that I plan to go see/buy  after work today. Does anyone use this stroller for their toddler? Any thoughts on it? I'm hoping that eventually once DS1 no longer needs that relief and DS2 is a bit older then we go 100% with the Maclaren and can do away with the City Mini so I want something that is going to last (the stoller I'm buying is 2 years old).
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Maclaren Triumph for a 3yo?

• cpmichcpmich member
    You would be better off buying a Tula Toddler carrier and keeping the other child in the stroller. It is a lot easier to navigate with only one stroller and your kid will love the piggy back ride. A quality carrier, like a Tula or Kinderpack, should be pretty easy on your back.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks but we definitely need another stroller. We have tried carrying the baby in a carrier and between the heat/sun and and my husband's very bad back it isn't a long term option for us.
  • Loading the player...
  • cpmichcpmich member
    Ok. For others out there reading this, we outgrew the Ergo when my son was around 20 pounds. It hurt my back andmy son liked to lean. A quality carrier like a Tula or Kinderpack makes a world of difference. I can carry my almost 40 pound son in a Tula Toddler really comfortably for hours, but I have trouble holding him in arms more than 15 minutes. Makes all the difference in the world trying to take the subway or walk in heavy city traffic. For us, totallyworth every penny and more.
  • We have a Maclaren Triumph & love it.  We keep it in the back of the car & use it all the time with our 2 yr old & used it all over Europe last summer.  Very durable & lightweight - great stroller.
  • We have 2, one for each car along with the city mini. Even my 5 year old used one for disney last year.  My favorite stroller by far.  We have had one  almost 5 years and still great shape
  • We have a Triumph and we don't use it all that often any more, but we like it. I think it's fine for a 3yo. Why would you want to move to the Triumph over the mini (eventually)? I don't have a Mini but we have a BJ City Classic (which is bigger and has the bigger wheels, etc.), but it seems like the Mini would be better on sidewalks than the Triumph. When we go for longer walks, we use the BJ for DS.
  • Thanks everyone! I went ahead and bought it, seems like a great stroller so far :)

For whoever asked why we would want to switch over from the City Mini... The CM is great, don't get me wrong but there are times where I just want something smaller and lighter, as great as it is, it's still a cumbersome stroller when folding it up and putting it through security at the airport. We just moved to Orlando and will be flying back to NY often, sometimes I'll be going w/o DH but with both kids and I'll want something a little more travel friendly.  I didn't want a traditional 'cheap' umbrella stroller but I also didn't want a big travel system either.. seems the Triumph was a good compromise for us.

• We have the First Years Ignite stroller for LO who is 2. She is tall for her age, and the weight limit is 55 pounds. It is extremely lightweight, folds up easily and it was pretty cheap.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"