Lakenhealth/Feltwell/Mildenhall — The Bump
Military Families

Lakenhealth/Feltwell/Mildenhall

We're PCSing to Lakenheath in November. I'm super excited minus the really long flight with a 15 month old and trying to ship and over excited 2 year old Golden Retriever.

Just wondering if there is anyone over there now? How do you like it? Best and worst parts? Do you live in military housing?

Re: Lakenhealth/Feltwell/Mildenhall

• I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooved being stationed at Lakenheath. I am so jealous and wish we were still there. Can I move back with you? There is so much to do, make sure you get off the base and do things! I heard crazy stories of spouses who refused to leave base and they had been there for years. lakenheath.bookoo.com was really helpful when looking to buy or sell things. 

We lived on Feltwell, it was really nice and quiet. They have built a bunch of new housing on both Lakenheath and Feltwell. I don't know if they are still putting people there, but if they offer you a house in Lord's Walk SAY NO! It is an area right off base and the houses are crap.  

Have you looked into everything that goes into moving a dog into England? They are super crazy about their dog rules. I mean CRAZY. They will quarantine the dog, at your expense, for quite a long time to make sure they are not bringing over any diseases, etc. We had a fair number of friends who had to make the hard decision to leave their pets with stateside family members because the cost was so high. 

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me! I have a couple friends who are still there if you want to get in touch with them and ask them questions :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards