Colorado Babies

Longmont United delivery?

Hi ladies! Has anyone had any experience at Longmont United.  I think I have found a doctor that I want to use but it looks like he only delivers at LU.  It doesn't get great reviews or health grades.  Just wondered if anyone had any actual experiences there.  Thanks! :)

Re: Longmont United delivery?

• I delivered there almost 8 years ago and I was less than pleased with the overall experience in hindsight. I went in 3 days past my due date with contractions and they sent me home because they had a packed weekend and nowhere to put me. They told me to call my doctor's office in the morning. As soon as I did, they immediately told me to go back to the hospital.

I only had one nice nurse, the others were pretty cranky. Shortly after having my daughter, nobody came to help me with breast feeding, and another nurse scolded me about not feeding the baby yet so she had me give her a bottle. ( I blame her for the reason I had a hard time breast feeding). They kept me there a day too long because they had too many people to discharge, we were there 3 days and I had a vaginal birth. That of course made my portion of the hospital bill go WAY up.

Don't mean to scare you away from it, it was 8 years ago but that was my experience. This time around I will be going to Good Samaritan in Lafayette.

• imagepgbecker83:

I delivered there almost 8 years ago and I was less than pleased with the overall experience in hindsight. I went in 3 days past my due date with contractions and they sent me home because they had a packed weekend and nowhere to put me. They told me to call my doctor's office in the morning. As soon as I did, they immediately told me to go back to the hospital.

I only had one nice nurse, the others were pretty cranky. Shortly after having my daughter, nobody came to help me with breast feeding, and another nurse scolded me about not feeding the baby yet so she had me give her a bottle. ( I blame her for the reason I had a hard time breast feeding). They kept me there a day too long because they had too many people to discharge, we were there 3 days and I had a vaginal birth. That of course made my portion of the hospital bill go WAY up.

Don't mean to scare you away from it, it was 8 years ago but that was my experience. This time around I will be going to Good Samaritan in Lafayette.

Oh wow, I'll have to do some digging. I was planning on having my babies there.

I do have 2 friends who have had their babies there in the last few years, and I never heard any complaints.. maybe I should ask.

• Loading the player...
  • I don't know about their L n D but I have been very skeptical of some ER discharges I have seen from them...
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"