November 2012 Moms
Options

EP'rs

Re: EP'rs

• Options

My supply has dropped a bit in the last few weeks, thankfully I have a bit in the freezer to make up the difference.

This morning I pumped for 20 minutes, looked down and realized there was nothing in the bottles. After 5 minutes of checking everything I realized one of the membranes had a small tear. Slapped on a new one and pumped for 30 more minutes. It's half-awake mornings like this that make me want to stop. But I'm trying to hold on until November. We are almost halfway done, and I didn't think I'd last this long!

• Options

I was going to post a check-in today, how funny!

anyways, I'm still here and pumping 5 times a day but really want to drop down to 4 so I have more freedom with my day

right now I am getting between 27-30 ounces and she is eating 24oz a day so I am able to save about a bottles worth a day I have started to rotate my stash to make sure she is getting the freshest possible I have about 1 months worth in the freezer 

my goal as of now is to continue saving and pump to 10 months and by then I should have a bit more than 2 months stashed but I am trying not to beat myself up and just taking it one month at a time right now  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm at 5 times a day still too! I dropped down to 3 for a few days, not on purpose was just busy at work and couldn't take a break and it killed my production. I was at 30-32 before that and dropped to 24. She of course, chose that week to decide she was bumping her 27-29 up to 38-40!

I like your idea of looking at how much you can stash and then slowing down to coincide with that :) I hadn't thought of that. Although I doubt I have a month's worth stashed. Maybe a couple weeks worth. Although as they reach a year they will slow down on the milk intake I'm guessing?

• Options
    imageExcitedMum2B:

I'm at 5 times a day still too! I dropped down to 3 for a few days, not on purpose was just busy at work and couldn't take a break and it killed my production. I was at 30-32 before that and dropped to 24. She of course, chose that week to decide she was bumping her 27-29 up to 38-40!

I like your idea of looking at how much you can stash and then slowing down to coincide with that :) I hadn't thought of that. Although I doubt I have a month's worth stashed. Maybe a couple weeks worth. Although as they reach a year they will slow down on the milk intake I'm guessing?

See that's exactly what I am afraid of, dropping down to 4 and my supply dropping boo. I will give it a try. I am also thinking that around a year with more solids she will drop even if its to 20oz a day that will help my stash last longer.

I hate the pump and hate revolving my days around it so I'm trying to plan anything I can ha 

• Options
    I dropped to 3 pumps a day and have been working with that the last week and a half. I am slowly dropping though, so I may add my 4th one back in soon, but as everyone is saying I HATE that my days revolve around pumping. I want to provide for my child and I want to continue giving him breastmilk, and my friends with no kids just don't understand. They are all going out tonight and I turned them down because it coincided with my pump time and I just don't want to deal with lugging around a bag with my pump in it all night. Plus have to worry about a place to pump. As I posted earlier in the week I am finally saving some back. I have 4 portions saved up now (about 21 oz). I just can't wait to wean.

• Options
    imageJenner37:

anyways, I'm still here and pumping 5 times a day but really want to drop down to 4 so I have more freedom with my day

right now I am getting between 27-30 ounces and she is eating 24oz a day so I am able to save about a bottles worth a day I have started to rotate my stash to make sure she is getting the freshest possible I have about 1 months worth in the freezer 

my goal as of now is to continue saving and pump to 10 months and by then I should have a bit more than 2 months stashed but I am trying not to beat myself up and just taking it one month at a time right now  

WOW !  This is GREAT!  I could only wish to have been able to get what you have...!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    imagecredcat7:
    imageJenner37:

WOW !  This is GREAT!  I could only wish to have been able to get what you have...!

thank you I am a professional milk hoarder ;) 

• Options

EP'RS!!!!!! I have a QUESTION!!!!

How long do you guys pump for? In the morning I go 20 minutes each side, but my other 2 sessions I do 15 minutes each side. I used to just go 10 minutes each side until my supply started to drop. What's your times??

• Options
    imageLovinLife0710:

How long do you guys pump for? In the morning I go 20 minutes each side, but my other 2 sessions I do 15 minutes each side. I used to just go 10 minutes each side until my supply started to drop. What's your times??

Do you not have a double electric? If you don't holy cow you are a trooper for going this long. I go 20 minutes each session sometimes 30 if I get caught up in TB and lose track of time. I have a double but I get a third let down at like 18 minutes. 

• Options

I'm a couple months ahead of you girls since my DD was born early in mid-Sept. She's turning 8 months this weekend and I'm still EPing. She's never had formula, just fed her my BM with a bottle this entire time. I pumped around the clock every 4-5 hrs until she was 4 months old. When she was 4-5 months old, I only pumped 4 times a day and got at least 10 oz each time. (Felt like such a cow!)  From 6-8 months and now, I went down to 3 pumps a day. I'm now getting 8 oz each time. I have lots of milk stored in the freezer, probably 1 months supply. My DD currently eats 5 oz bottles 5-6 times a day. She's starting to drink less ounces since she's eating more solids now.

When I was pumping 4-5 times a day, my boobs still felt hard & engorged and my supply was still up. When I went down to 3 pumps a day, my supply went down. I know my supply is decreasing because my boobs no longer feel hard and engorged anymore. I could probably stop pumping now and my boobs would adjust. I will probably stop pumping at the end of summer when DD turns 1 year old. That's my goal.

Yes pumping is exhausting and a PIA. I hated being tied down to my pump when it was every 4-5 hours. I had to time all my outings according to pumping and bring it with me when I went out to church, Disneyland, work, etc. Ugg! We all deserve a medal for keeping up with the pumping. Good job Girls! 

• Options
    imageJenner37:
    imageLovinLife0710:

Do you not have a double electric? If you don't holy cow you are a trooper for going this long. I go 20 minutes each session sometimes 30 if I get caught up in TB and lose track of time. I have a double but I get a third let down at like 18 minutes. 

Yeah, I didn't really do my research about pumping, so I just got a single (cheaper). And now I don't wanna buy another since I already have the one and they are expensive. So yep...I trudge on. But thank you for your answer!

• Options
    imageLovinLife0710:
    imageJenner37:
    imageLovinLife0710:

Yeah, I didn't really do my research about pumping, so I just got a single (cheaper). And now I don't wanna buy another since I already have the one and they are expensive. So yep...I trudge on. But thank you for your answer!

you are seriously my hero, go LL! 

• Options
    imageLovinLife0710:

My morning is 30-40 minutes, depending on how late I'm running for work.

My two work sessions are between 15-20 minutes. The two evening sessions are between 20-25. I basically try to pump til I can't see anymore milk flying out, then a couple minutes more. Then I hand express to squeeze every last drop out. So that tacks on another 5 minutes to each session. 

I've also noticed that pumping in the car is a lot weaker and takes a lot longer. I don't know if that is true across the board or if I need a new adapter.

• Options
    imageJenner37:
    imagecredcat7:
    imageJenner37:

thank you I am a professional milk hoarder ;) 

I need a smiley that is rolling around on the floor laughing!

• Options
    I am still hear. We are shooting for a year, but taking one day at a time. I have a stash of about a week. I am able to keeping adding...slowly. I pump 5 times a day. One being MOTN. It doesn't bother me to get up and pump. I refuse to give up until the boobies do.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    imageExcitedMum2B:
    imageLovinLife0710:

My morning is 30-40 minutes, depending on how late I'm running for work.

My two work sessions are between 15-20 minutes. The two evening sessions are between 20-25. I basically try to pump til I can't see anymore milk flying out, then a couple minutes more. Then I hand express to squeeze every last drop out. So that tacks on another 5 minutes to each session. 

I've also noticed that pumping in the car is a lot weaker and takes a lot longer. I don't know if that is true across the board or if I need a new adapter.

i have only pumped in the car twice and both times I noticed it was weak 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"