October 2013 Moms

very weird gender u/s-- LONG

firstly, it's a boy, i saw the teensy hooter! (lolzzz).  i had a feeling all along!  i am still slightly sad about not having a girl since this is our last, but my son now is SO funny and awesome having this x2 will outweigh wedding dress shopping in the future ha ha.   So, i am definitely happy, and so excited i can start nursery plans and thinking of names!

anyway back to the weirdness.  this is the ONLy place in the area that does elective u/s--- and the most basic 2d was 65 bucks.  so i go in and the owner person was like , ohhh you are kinda early for a gender guess (please!)  and that if i wanted them to take a look i had to pay 100 bucks (!!!!!) for that guess.  i was like wtf mofo!!     a total and complete rip off, but since i was there and i had plans for this reveal this weekend i had to do it.   i felt extorted haha

so, she was also making a HUGE deal that i was there alone, despite my explaining i was doing the sex reveal this weekend at husband's bday party.   she was like "i always feel bad when people come alone"   my god F off!  

so this 100 package includes a 3D look-- but i couldnt see shlt in 3d!   she said my placenta was squishing him (whaa??)   and he was not cooperating at first, not moving much, snoozing, had his legs shut, cord between legs etc etc... so almost all the pics i ended up getting are close ups of his wang when she finally found it???   i mean hello i wanted full body shots here!    and i barely got a good peek at his full body anyway, which is really all i wanted to see! they always look cute shimmying around.   but i didn't see this! also it lasted 10 mins total, and it was done.  UGH

so, in the end i got like 5 pictures, a disc of them (big woop), and most of them are close up shots of a blurry penis.    great! 

Re: very weird gender u/s-- LONG

• TiffJ21TiffJ21 member

Wow, that sounds like quite the experience.

I hate that she said something to you about coming alone, it's none of her business. Also, 10 minutes for a $100! It stinks you weren't able to get a good full profile picture, she should have taken a little more time to get one, what a rip-off.

I'm glad you got to see the goods though, congrats on another boy! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • oh and when i walked out there was a HUGE family in the waiting room with like 10 people lol.  they all stared at me with sad eyes "oh this poor single knocked up girl with no family"   ha ha ha

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats on your boy!!!

I would write a complaint on websites about them, warning women about the HUGE ripoff!!! I'm sorry the experience was less than pleasant, especially for $120. I hope you have a great party on Saturday!

• imageanamouse:
    That's annoying about the appt, but yay for a boy! How are you going to reveal at the party?

i am going to try to get a freaking cake made ASAP tomorrow lol.  hoping i can get a bakery to do it, if not i guess it's going to be on me ahhhhh 

• Congrats!  You should frame your blurry penis as your gender reveal.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • I would call and complain. That just seems completely ridiculous. And omly 10 minutes for 100????? That would be irritating to me. Congrats on another boy! We found out we are having another girl, i thought i would be sad not having a boy bc its our last as well. In grand perspective, kids rock no matter boy or girl! Its just a weird feeling like we miss out on something if we dont have one of each. Let your shopping and planning begin!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sounds like an annoying night but congrats on the boy! I know its nice to have one of each but I feel like its awesome for the siblings when they are the same sex. Me and my sis are super close and me and my brother are def not.
  • That was so not okay! So sorry you had that experience but congrats on your boy! The one I had done in NYC was so different, the tech showed us body, movements, fingers/toes plus the goods.  We got about 20 photos, a cd and a dvd of the 13 minute u/s. And even more strange it was cheaper. I didn't think anything would be cheaper in NYC.

Have a big fun party this weekend. 

• imagekellyk17:

That was so not okay! So sorry you had that experience but congrats on your boy! The one I had done in NYC was so different, the tech showed us body, movements, fingers/toes plus the goods.  We got about 20 photos, a cd and a dvd of the 13 minute u/s. And even more strange it was cheaper. I didn't think anything would be cheaper in NYC.

Have a big fun party this weekend. 

ugh, i wish i got this.  the resolution SUCKED too, so i could barely see anything.   at least i still have my official a/s coming up, so hopefully i get a good look then!  

• imageCousinVicki:

firstly, it's a boy, i saw the teensy hooter! (lolzzz).  i had a feeling all along!  i am still slightly sad about not having a girl since this is our last, but my son now is SO funny and awesome having this x2 will outweigh wedding dress shopping in the future ha ha.   So, i am definitely happy, and so excited i can start nursery plans and thinking of names!

anyway back to the weirdness.  this is the ONLy place in the area that does elective u/s--- and the most basic 2d was 65 bucks.  so i go in and the owner person was like , ohhh you are kinda early for a gender guess (please!)  and that if i wanted them to take a look i had to pay 100 bucks (!!!!!) for that guess.  i was like wtf mofo!!     a total and complete rip off, but since i was there and i had plans for this reveal this weekend i had to do it.   i felt extorted haha

so, she was also making a HUGE deal that i was there alone, despite my explaining i was doing the sex reveal this weekend at husband's bday party.   she was like "i always feel bad when people come alone"   my god F off!  

so this 100 package includes a 3D look-- but i couldnt see shlt in 3d!   she said my placenta was squishing him (whaa??)   and he was not cooperating at first, not moving much, snoozing, had his legs shut, cord between legs etc etc... so almost all the pics i ended up getting are close ups of his wang when she finally found it???   i mean hello i wanted full body shots here!    and i barely got a good peek at his full body anyway, which is really all i wanted to see! they always look cute shimmying around.   but i didn't see this! also it lasted 10 mins total, and it was done.  UGH

so, in the end i got like 5 pictures, a disc of them (big woop), and most of them are close up shots of a blurry penis.    great! 

hooray for team boy!  That sucks that she did the ol' bait and switch and was being a jerk about you being there alone.

the elective I had was only about 10 mins but the expectations were clearly stated on the website and forms I had to fill out so I knew it was going to be short and sweet.  

My pics sucked too and one was a close up of the peen, I was like ummmm ok thanks.  

photo 45ad94ec-8f7e-4e11-afa6-d58d009e0ecb_zpse556e368.jpg  image image

• Bahahaha.  Well at least you got the info you really wanted.
    *Evelyn born 9/20/13*

• Last time at my a/s they wouldn't tell us the sex. So I had to get an elective since my DH was basically having a panic attach not knowing. It was 50, and no pics or a disk. It was so frustrating.
  • That's insane! I paid 50 for 2030 minutes, a DVD, a cd with still images, a sheet of 4 3x5 prints, and an HD peek, at 14w4d, and went back a week later because baby didn't cooperate. And they offered even cheaper packages than that. If not the price, I would definitely complain about the attitude issues. You didn't go there for pity, you had your reasons for being alone, and they had no right to question that. Leave a review on Yelp, let people know.
  • Congrats on another boy!!!

Did the place have good Yelp reviews? You should write one so others know what to expect (a bunch of BS). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Eek. That sucks. I'd honestly be kind of worried about whether the tech's guess was accurate if things were fuzzy and she made a bunch of excuses and apparently it's earlier than they normally do them.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• imageanamouse:
    imageCousinVicki:

imageanamouse:
    That's annoying about the appt, but yay for a boy! How are you going to reveal at the party?

i am going to try to get a freaking cake made ASAP tomorrow lol.  hoping i can get a bakery to do it, if not i guess it's going to be on me ahhhhh 

GL! I'm sure you could throw something cute together if need be!

What about a penis cake? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CbtkO5GXNo

What about a blurry penis cake? Congrats on baby boy! Sorry for the $hitty experience. $100 for 10 minutes! I'm gonna go back to school and become an US tech and start my own business taking blurry penis and vagina pictures (not in a creepy way) and make bank! 

• If it makes you feel any better, I received a close up of the wang with the typo, "it's a boy?"
  • Weird! Congrats on your baby boy!!!
  • mrambo3mrambo3 member

Congrats!  ANd that is bizare that they told you one price and then it was different.  I will say that our elective 2d u/s lasted maybe a total of 5 minutes tops.  She literally showed us the goods, took a few pictures, let us hear the heartbeat and we were done!

When we were leaving the room, she was like "you want me to put the pictures on a disc for you"?  And of course I said sure!  Well when we checked out, it was $16 more than what I was told.  She was like "well that's for the CD".  I almost crapped myself bc she sold that so well to me!  The u/s was only $39 so the $55 I paid was worth it!  I got the CD home and there were like 50 pictures on there but only truly 5 bc there were 10 pics of each shot that were basically all the same!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"