October 2012 Moms

Feeling behind.

From reading the brag post I am feeling like B is falling behind. He doesn't hold his own bottle, he tries but ends up throwing it to one side. He will simulate crawling if there is a Boppy under him but no where close to real crawling. He can sit up on his own if he has a little incline under his head but he sits very well unassisted. Again, I try not to compare but at what point should I worry?

ETA he does babble......a lot haha. He is also a very good eater, the only solid he doesnt like is beets.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Feeling behind.

• LorMorLorMor member

It sounds like he's doing it all in his own time- he's not lying there like a blob, he is getting to the "milestones". A Dr friend said that he adds a year to every milestone date and will only worry after that. Not sure if that's such a good idea, but I like the suggestion of not worrying for a VERY long time.

The fact that your LO is getting there, I think, means you shouldn't worry. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't stress out!! I'm sure he's fine. Bailey won't hold her own bottle either. Sometimes I'll put her hands on it and she won't hold it high enough. The second I touch it she lets go.

• Loading the player...
  • Rebekah holds her sippy cup thing.... but certainly doesn't drink from it.  Don't stress Smile  Sounds like Brant is doing fine!

R is also not crawling by any means... yesterday I posted and everyone seemed to think it sounds like she has about 1-2 months before she does, based on what she is doing now. So... no need to fret.  My friend's son started crawling at 10 months.  Everyone is different.

DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • I wouldn't worry! Its definitely not super common for a 6 month old to be crawling, from what I read more babies aren't crawling than those that are. And some babies just don't hold their own bottles, ever.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS2 doesn't hold his own bottle either. He's better with a sippy cup but he's still getting the hang of that as well. He isn't crawling either...he rolls wherever he wants to go. Yesterday he did an entire lap around the living room by rolling. He doesn't even feed himself...he plays with the puffs we put in front of him. I've put a puff in his mouth and he likes it, but he's still working on pinching the puffs and not dropping it. I'm not worried though....not until our pedi says we need to.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I thank my lucky stars every day that DS2 isn't crawling, in fact I hope he waits until 10 months like his older brother.  I am not ready for that stage at all.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Z won't hold her own bottle and just started crawling today backwards... As for moving into a sitting position on her own, that is a work in progress. She has learned how to wave at everyone though including people on tv.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"