Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Name you/your child's FAVORITE BOOK

What is your favorite storybook to read to your child?  What is her favorite storybook to hear?

I want to get a book for a baby shower and I need a new suggestion.

My daughter's favorite book was The Original Mother Goose's Nursery Rhymes.  By the time she was 3, she could read all of the rhymes because she had heard them so many times!  {She's now 36 :-( }

TIA!

L'isle Sur la Sorgue, Provence

Re: Name you/your child's FAVORITE BOOK

• My favorite: The Little Engine that Could

DH's favorite: Goodnight Moon

Our son's favorite: When I Was Born by Isabel Minhos Martin (he asks to read this multiple times a day.  I already had to read it to him this morning before daycare)

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • crh1221crh1221 member
    Pajama Time!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • jmw222jmw222 member
    One of our favorites is Giraffes Can't Dance.  
    Eff Yeah! Mighty Ducks
    Oct '14 September Siggy Challenge
    Teenage Crush

DD: E, 8/20/11
    DS: N, 7/11/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • What's Up Duck? by Tad Hills

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good Night Gorilla is a universal favorite of my daughter's and all 6 of her cousins. She also loves anybook with flip-ups. She has a couple of nursery rhyme books but will flip to the page with the itsy bitsy spider so she can do the hand motions to it. I told her Dad this weekend he was being set-up with that book and a few minutes later he was laughing because he understood my warning.Wink
  • Dear Zoo, Goodnight Gorilla, and Thomas train books are DD2's favorites right now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Pips09Pips09 member
    My daughter's favorite is Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See. I'm so tired of reading this book Smile
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Right now, she loves "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" and "One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • WhitWedWhitWed member

I would read DD "Wherever You Are My Love Will Find You" and a couple other Nancy Tillman books. They are very sweet and loving books for parents to read.

Her favorite books to read herself (or read to us) are: "Where is Baby's Belly Button" and then any of the original Dr. Seuss collection. 

So you might want to get one that is sentimental for parents to read and then a fun one for their LO to learn with. 

• Thanks or all of the great responses!

I love the "Brown Bear, Brown Bear", "Polar...and Panda Bear", books.  I read them a thousand times to my Gson.

The Dr Suess books...oh, I can recite *them* in my  sleep!  They are the best books for kids to learn to read by!

L'isle Sur la Sorgue, Provence

• My Favorites: Bear Snores On, I Love You Through and Through

DD loves anything Dr. Seuss! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Goodnight Goodnight Construction Site and Everywhere Baby are the two favs right now.  
  • Goodnight Gorilla, Brown Bear, Best Ever Word Book, Cars Trucks Things That Go, Hooray for Fish, Where is Spot?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • DD seems to go through stages with books.  Her favorite book was The Going to Bed Book by Sandra Boynton.  Now she really likes Brown Bear Brown Bear.

I like Someday.  I don't remember the author.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS absolutely loves "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" and wants to read it all the time. He's also a big fan of "The Little Blue Truck", "Dear Zoo", and a book with recorded animal sounds called, "The Noisy Noisy Farm".

Personally, I love the Sandra Boynton books and favorites from my childhood like "The Snowy Day" and "Corduroy". I have to really restrain myself when it comes to children's books - I just love them all. 

We've also been wearing out the pop-up books lately but have to keep them up high because DS is apt to rip out the moving parts. Paul Zelinsky's "Wheels on the Bus" book is absolutely amazing and "The Wide Mouthed Frog" is a short one that is so much fun to read out loud. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH's is Gordon of Sesame Street Story Book by Matt Robinson

Mine is: The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown

DD's are: The Mitten by Jan Brett and Olivia by Ian Falconer

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I like to read the If You Give a Mouse a Cookie series to DS. He loves Doctor Suess..."Go Dog, Go" is his favorite.

• ilanatilanat member

The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  

We read it every night.   

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"