Birthday Parties

Balloon Theme

Do you think this is a bad idea for a first birthday party? Do you think all the balloons will be really annoying?

If not any advice for decorating would be great. 

Me: 29 | SO: 28
Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
DS Born: 6/02/2012
Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21

Re: Balloon Theme

• I would find it annoying.  Are you asking advice for a new theme or something that still goes along your balloon theme?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't find it annoying but many small kids literally freak out when a balloon bursts; I wouldn't want to have hundreds of balloons that could explode and scare to death my kid and his baby friends 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Ms5586Ms5586 member

It would give you a lot to work with, overall.  But my main concern would be the other kids at the party - are there a lot of little ones?  If so, I'm thinking how much of a choking hazard a popped balloon can be.  It wouldn't be a problem if you have older kids (4+) that know not to eat it, but if there are a lot of 2 and unders, I'd consider something else.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think balloons is a fabulous idea for a birthday party!  So bright and colorful - and you don't have to have a million balloons everywhere.

I went to a first birthday party last month that had the most gorgeous, fun, crazy balloon centerpieces on the tables.  The balloons were oversized with long strings so they didn't obstruct the view and weren't really accessible to little hands.

You can use colorful beach balls to simulate balloons.

Balloon shaped cookies for treats.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love the balloon theme! I would get a ton of floating balloons and let them loose in the main room.  I would look at Pintrest and see what they have for ideas.  Love Pintrest!
  • I think a balloon theme is cute.  I agree with others though, that if you're going to have a lot of under 2s you might not want to do a ton of latex balloons as they are a choking hazard if popped.  That being said you can do foil balloons or other really cute things in a balloon theme.  I always make my cake in my theme, so you could do a balloon cake (either make a balloon shape, or have icing ballons drawn on it).  If you go to any party store there are generally a few generic "Happy Birthday" theme sets and there's always ballon prints there, so if you want a banner or matching plates and napkins you can do that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"