South Carolina Babies
Options

Anybody delivered or going to deliver at Grand Strand Hospital in MB?

I have recently been thinking about switching from Magnolias OBGYN and going to one in Murrells Inlet. I am very nervous about giving birth at Grand Strand since I have heard nothing but bad and scary stories from there. Im having a scheduled c-section since thats what I had with my first so Im kind of caught in the middle of what to do...any suggestions? Thanks!

Re: Anybody delivered or going to deliver at Grand Strand Hospital in MB?

• Options

As much as I would love to deliver at Waccamaw in Murrells there is absolutely no way I would go to Carolina OBGYN (really the only people that deliver at WH). I had the worst experience there and my friends and other people I know have had the same horrible experiences. They are just not nice and very unprofessional. 

I was super lucky to find Coastal OBGYN and the doctors there are just wonderful. I will deliver at Conway. I have had lots of friends deliver there and they liked it so hopefully I will have a great experience... 

I love my Doctor so I really don't care which hospital I go. 

• Options
    That's what I have been hearing that Conway is FANTASTIC! I just do NOT like my doctors at Magnolias...they are very rude and do not care about their patients. Such a hard decision so far along!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You should go for a hospital tour at Conway. I think they are every Sat and Sunday. 

Also maybe go in for a consultation at Coastal Carolina Obgyn. I really love Doctor Amanda McAleer and The midwife Sonya Harden. I haven't seen Dr. Washington yet but I heard she is awesome at C sections. The only thing that bothers me is that I have to have all blood work done at Lab Corp so that really sucks but I put up with it because I love the staff at Coastal. 

If I were you and I wasn't comfortable with the treatment I was getting I would find somewhere else. 

• Options
    imagessunkiss:

You should go for a hospital tour at Conway. I think they are every Sat and Sunday. 

Also maybe go in for a consultation at Coastal Carolina Obgyn. I really love Doctor Amanda McAleer and The midwife Sonya Harden. I haven't seen Dr. Washington yet but I heard she is awesome at C sections. The only thing that bothers me is that I have to have all blood work done at Lab Corp so that really sucks but I put up with it because I love the staff at Coastal. 

If I were you and I wasn't comfortable with the treatment I was getting I would find somewhere else. 

Have you done a tour at Conway yet?  I am looking at doing one in the next few weeks.  If you have, what did you think?  I wish there were pictures online so I could see what it's like before I go.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I delivered at Grand Strand. Great experience! No complaints at all! My sister in law delivered at Conway. I was there with her and the experience was horrible. Her nurses didn't answer her questions and ignored her requests
    And literally EVERY nurse was missing at least one tooth. If a nurse can't take care of her own health, how can you expect her to take care of yours? Just my opinion.

I WISH I still lived in MB so I could deliver this baby at Grand Strand, but we moved in Feb.

Good luck!
  • Options
    imageFutureMrsSchildt:
    imagessunkiss:

Have you done a tour at Conway yet?  I am looking at doing one in the next few weeks.  If you have, what did you think?  I wish there were pictures online so I could see what it's like before I go.

Yes I have been many times to Conway when friends have had babies and it is really nice.. I have no idea what the girl above is taking about I thought all the nurses were wonderful and I'm going to try not to flame her for the teeth comment because that is so ridiculous.

Its not the largest most luxurious hospital in the world but it's clean, the rooms are private and nice and the staff seems to really know what they are doing.

The only thing that has me worried about Conway and this was just noticed when my friend had her baby two months ago is that there was no security that I could see. No Guards, no signing in, no questions asked I just walked right through the halls past the nursery to my friends room.  When I asked her about this she told me that they use an alarm system that activates when a baby is taken past a certain point.. But I just don't think that is enough.. Just my opinion and I will certanily ask about it when I take my tour. 

• Options
    I did ask when I went for my tour.  They have surveillance cameras throughout the unit and the unit is locked starting at 9:30pm each night until the next morning.  So, if you are worried about your security don't be. oh and the doors to the nursery are locked at all times.  If a baby would be taken beyond a certain point in that unit, an alarm will sound and a security code would be announced.  All entrances and exits would be manned by trained hospital personnel as well as security.  Anyone who would attempt to leave would be detained and searched.  Sorry about all of the detail but i had this same question so i can understand how you feel.
  • Options

imagetomkt1:
    I did ask when I went for my tour.  They have surveillance cameras throughout the unit and the unit is locked starting at 9:30pm each night until the next morning.  So, if you are worried about your security don't be. oh and the doors to the nursery are locked at all times.  If a baby would be taken beyond a certain point in that unit, an alarm will sound and a security code would be announced.  All entrances and exits would be manned by trained hospital personnel as well as security.  Anyone who would attempt to leave would be detained and searched.  Sorry about all of the detail but i had this same question so i can understand how you feel.

Thank You!! That really helped ease my worries.  

• Options
    I go to Carolina OBGYN in Murrells Inlet and will deliver at Waccamaw Hospital and so far i have nothing but good things to say about Carolina OBGYN all the ladies were very nice to me and made me feel very comfortable. I haven't been going for long but i do know a lot of Mommies in the area and i have not heard bad things about Carolina OBGYN in fact i went there because of recommendations from numerous local Moms regarding the practice and the hospital. You can always pick the place that you feel works best for you and you can change if it turns out to not be. I have also heard good things about Conway Hospital so i don't think you can go wrong with either :) 
  • Options
    ehighlanehighlan member
    edited August 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"