1st Trimester

Hungry but no appetite??

I feel hungry quite often.. But when I go to actually eat it feels like a CHORE! The first bite I put in my mouth makes me feel like I have just finished a steak dinner! I have been having nausea but the Zofran is helping.. and this isnt even nausea... Hard to explain! Anyone else having these issues? I know I need to be eating and I am trying to eat healthy choices on the little I am eating.. I just can't seem to have an actual appetite for anything!  Grrrrrr...!!

Re: Hungry but no appetite??

• Yup! The only thing that is really satisfying is something to drink!
  • rlyttlerlyttle member
    That happened to me when I was pregnant with DS. I had indigestion with only a tiny bit of food. It felt like I was full up to my throat! I did pass, but came back at the very end. It kept me from eating a lot, so I didn't gain much weight, right at 25lbs. I just had to eat throughout the day instead of big meals. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm having the same problem, except not because of digestion or feeling full. Just hungry all the time, but thinking about eating makes me nauseas. I keep telling myself that I need to eat healthy, but the only thing that sounds good is bread and milk...I'm taking my vitamins, but so worried my little prune isn't getting enough nutrients...I feel lucky I didn't have any morning sickness, but I would almost trade it for this!
  • I've been having that problem too. Feeling hungry but then not wanting to eat when you actually start eating the food. Or feeling hungry and then one sip of water and it goes away or eating a biggish meal and still feeling hungry! My stomach is very confused apparently. :)
    Anniversary
  • I am not able to think about food.  I can cook it and make it, but if I think about eating it- it sets me off.  So I try to not smell and think about it and I am fine. 
    BFP
    #1 = DS Leland born 4/19/11
    BFP#2 = missed miscarriage and d/c
    BFP#3 EDD 12/31/13
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm right there with you. I do have pretty strong ms and throw up occasionally but regardless of how I feel, eating is always a chore. Nothing every sounds good and it's always difficult to force myself to eat. I try and just come up with anything that sounds good and I go with that...

With DS the ms eventually got better but the chore of eating stuck around the whole time. I'm hoping that changes this time! Sorry you're dealing with this! I can't even read the WFD or WFL threads bc reading about food makes me feel worse!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Kay6519Kay6519 member
    Small snacks like fruit or goldfish or whatever snacks you enjoy help. It also helped with my m/s to eat lots of little snacks throughout the day.
  • I hate this feeling! Like your stomach is an empty cave but your mouth is thinking "no thanks" to everything. You're desperate to eat but nothing sounds good. It's so frustrating!
  • I've been having a similar issue. Have had some sickness over the last couple of weeks, including vomiting. And everytime I try to eat nothing sounds good and almost everything nauseates me. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm having the same issue! I know I need to be eating SOMETHING, but the thought is a. exhausting and b. I can't for the life of me figure out what sounds appetizing!
  • r0zzr0zz member

imagelovedryn:
    Small snacks like fruit or goldfish or whatever snacks you enjoy help. It also helped with my m/s to eat lots of little snacks throughout the day.

i should def try this. i had a bowl of fruit bits, the kind you use in smoothies, and i couldn't get enough which is weird cuz the past two weeks i just don't want to eat anything.

like i'll make something but as soon as i'm 5 or so bites in, i never wanna see it or eat it again. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"