Stay at Home Moms

Speaking of going to the theater (a "what is with people" vent)

Our performing arts center has a big parking garage that I can only assume was built in the 80's, when there was a gas shortage and all the cars were tiny. The parking spaces are horribly narrow. Like, horribly. Think, a Yukon having it's wheels directly over the yellow lines. We were by no means late, but we were on the top level and only had the option of a few spaces, so we squeezed our wagon in between this big Infinity on one side and a big something else on the other. Let me stress, we were between the lines of our spot. I was able to open my door a smidge and slither out, my mom had a bit more room on her side, and the kids both came out that way.

After the performance, we got the kids in (same side), I once again sucked my belly in to squeeze in without having my door touch the luxury SUV next to me, got the kids buckled in from inside the car, and then I realized that this woman was shooting daggers at me from outside the car. I was mystified. I said to my mom, "Is that lady giving me a dirty look?" She looked and said, "Yep, she sure is." Then the Infinity backs out and parks past where my car is and the lady gets in, and both she and her husband are seriously glaring at us. I started cracking up. She was obviously pissed because she couldn't get into her car with our car parked next to her, but WTF? We were IN our space! So my mom (the most prissy and proper person you can imagine, but now and then she can be a little inflammatory) throws her hands up, like, "WHAT???" while she's laughing, and the lady does it back to her with a horribly ugly look on her face, and my mom and I both started falling over laughing, and then she really looked pissed.

I mean, OMG. Can you say "entitled?" I'm assuming she thought that I ought to have left the spot next to her empty, so that she could have more comfortable access to her monster SUV? Just, you know, left the garage and maybe parked a few blocks away, instead? Oh, and I was so, so careful not to let my door touch her door.

I do not understand people today. Seriously do not understand them. 

Re: Speaking of going to the theater (a "what is with people" vent)

• I had someone honk at me while I was unloading DS from my car at Target a few weeks ago. I was in the car, leaning over unbuckling his seatbelt. There were two empty spaces on that side of my car, but this lady had to park in the one right next to me. That's all fine and dandy but was it really necessary to honk? She had not been waiting more than a minute at that point, I kid you not. It's actually happened to me on more than one occasion. I agree, people are crazy.
    Because you're mine, I walk the line....
    Landry Mark: 11/5/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That is just annoying!  And hilarious that she couldn't get in :)
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJMC11511:
    I had someone honk at me while I was unloading DS from my car at Target a few weeks ago. I was in the car, leaning over unbuckling his seatbelt. There were two empty spaces on that side of my car, but this lady had to park in the one right next to me. That's all fine and dandy but was it really necessary to honk? She had not been waiting more than a minute at that point, I kid you not. It's actually happened to me on more than one occasion. I agree, people are crazy.

That has happened to me also!  So annoying!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That was a funny story, thanks for sharing. No dirty looks should be given if a car is parked between their lines. It makes the other person look *really* bad. LOL. 
  • Urgh. People.  I once had a man roll down his window and tell me to move while I was buckling DS in so that he could pull into the space next to me.  So, I should stop what I'm doing and wait until he parks and gets out even though I was there first and almost finished?  I wasn't even taking a long time and there were tons of spots. And he could easily have fit in his space with my door open anyway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Haha, people can be so ridiculous. I've had the same sort of thing but the other vehicle parked OVER the line and gave me a dirty look. And my car was parked there first. Nothing you can do but say WTF and laugh.
  • Something similar happened to me once. This lady pulled in next to me (over the line) and complained how hard it was to get out of her car. I looked at her and said, well you're parked half in my spot. She rolled her eyes at me, muttered a swear word under her breath and walked away.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This happened a lot when DH and I would park at the hospital when DS was in the NICU. Once a guy in an escalade parked over he line nextto us while we were getting out of the car, then he started cussing DH out in spanish because he couldnt get out. The look on his face when DH cussed right back at him in spanish was priceless. On top of that we were in the compact car section. We just started walking inside laughing.

Also when people go the wrong way in parking garages, seriously cant you readvthe big 'Not an Entrance' sign. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"