January 2013 Moms

Worry Wart? Or Worrysome?

So, my LO is 3 months and 21 days old, she just recently started having troubles going to sleep. She will get frantic, moving all of her fingers, turning her head right to left, kicking super hard, grabbing my boobs if im feeding her, or her own head/ ear, getting up on her knees and scooting all over the place. Idk why it worries me, but it does. Idk if it's normal or just her fighting sleep or what...

Another thing, is her pulling at her ear, it has always been her right ear, I say always because she has done it for about 2 months, now she is never fussy, theres no discharge, no fever, no smell coming from the ear... so maybe she just thinks it feel cool?... 

can any moms give me  a piece of mind?

thank you

sincerely, first time mommy with no mommy friends :(

Re: Worry Wart? Or Worrysome?

• sometimes if DS2 doesn't settle like he usually does i will try burping him and a huge one will come out! even if i'm feeding him he'll kinda just flip out all of a sudden and then i'll burp him and he'll settle. 

is LO gassy?

ask your Dr next time about her ear...could be something, might just be her tactile exploring.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sounds overtired to me.
    He ear thing is often associated with teething also. I asked my ped about I and she confirmed that it can be associated with ear infections and teething.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I also vote for overtired. Try a slightly earlier bedtime or settling her down with white noise and rocking before laying her down. My LOs have been fighting sleep lately...esp L...and I've found that I need to modify the "put them down drowsy but awake" to "put them down drowsy and relaxed but awake" or they just can't settle on their own. GL!
  • EagsEags member
    Like pp's said, sounds like overtired to me. That's what DS does when he's overtired, whether it's just for a nap or bedtime.
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • DD is generally fussy so none of what you said would really be a concern to me but you can certainly bring it up with your doctor. Writing down what's happening can also be incredibly helpful in determining what's really going on.

Something that may or may not be helpful... I get migraines and for some reason I pull at/crack my ears during a migraine. I've read woman with migraines are more likely to have colicky/fussy babies so I think it's possible they suffer from headaches as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"