July 2013 Moms

Trying to support a friend

My friend told me about a week ago she found out she was pregnant, doc said about 5wks along. But also informed her that her uterus walls were very weak. She was given some medication to help, but texted me in a panic that she's got some spotting. I told her that spotting can be normal and asked how much, she said medium and immediately called her doc for another appointment. She doesn't go in until Friday and I'm trying to find things to say that won't panic her or stress her out because that won't help the situation. I am having trouble finding things to say other than "don't panic". Does anyone have some positive words to help me out?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Trying to support a friend

• Not seeing her until friday?! That seems ridiculous. I have a lot of "spotting" with my first. I was 6 weeks along and in Mexico on vacation. It was more than spotting. It was a lot of red blood. Like the begining of a period. I was SURE I had lost the baby and cried the rest of the vacation, refusing to eat. When we got back, I went in and everything was fine. Then my aunt told me she had heavy "spotting" with each of her pregnancies.

Does your friend have cramping?
  • She told me mild cramping, sporadic. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I bet she is fine then.  If it was major trouble, it would FEEL like major trouble.

Keep us updated! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"