November 2013 Moms

It's getting a little weird...

Everyone (who doesn't know I'm pregnant) keeps telling me how much weight I've lost lately.  I'm a very petite gal to begin with...5' 3" and 110 lbs.  several people at work have commented and today my DD's daycare provider said something and asked me if I was dieting.  It's just so weird to me since I'm supposed to be gaining weight!  I have been fairly nauseous so far, but not as bad as some of you ladies...I have been able to eat some things and have never actually puked.  I went through this a bit with my first where I lost weight during first Tri and my dr had me come in for an extra weigh in to make sure I didn't continue to lose weight.  Everything ended up being fine.  This time it's just odd that so many people are making these comments to me. And I'm not really sure what to say.  "Thanks" I guess??  

Anybody else out there experiencing anything similar?

Re: It's getting a little weird...

• I'm also 5'3" and 110 and my dad always comments on me losing weight but I've actually gained 2 pounds so far! I'm 10 weeks so I think that's right on track. I've been lucky with no morning sicknesss yet!
  • Maybe it's because your looking good "glowing" people just assume you've lost weight when you look nice , I'm through the worst part where my skin and hair were awfull but I feel I look soo much better now ! Just a thought
  • Loading the player...
  • I am definitely not in the same boat since I am huge lol and trying to hide it so they don't notice at work. My advice would be just laugh it off. It's your journey and as long as baby is healthy and you are doing well that's all that matters :-)
  • I did have one friend at church say to me on Sunday, "Every time I see you, you just keep getting smaller."  I wanted to laugh and say something like "if you only knew....", but I'm not ready to announce quite yet.  I haven't gained any weight, but I haven't lost any either.
  • I lost 12 lbs my first tri and people are the same way, our daycare provider told me I need to come and start eating dinner with them so I can fatten up. The ladies at work mention how I need to buy new pants and save these that are now way to big for when I get pregnant again since no one knows. I just say thank you and no I'm not dieting just watching what I eat which technically I am because my stomach has been so sensitive I have to watch what I eat.
  • I've lost about 6 or 7 pounds and my face has thinned out quite a bit too.  I've had nausea and food aversions.  I haven't been able to eat meat at all.  I'm trying to find substitutes like peanut butter and edamame to get some protein and calories in me.  I don't want to lose too much more.  It has kind of leveled off though.  I lost 5 pounds in the first few weeks.  The last few I've only lost 1 or 2, so it's slowing down a bit.  I can't wait until 2nd trimester when I can finally eat again!
    ~Elizabeth ~

Angel Baby # 1 : EDD 9/11/12,  Missed m/c at just over 13 weeks

Angel Baby # 2 : EDD 9/9/13, m/c at 6 weeks

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • alicupalicup member
    I've lost 12lbs due to morning sickness so I understand!
  • I am not a small person (5'6 175lbs) but I did lose about 5lbs in a couple of wks thanks to M/S and different bugs going around and I had a couple ppl tell me how good I was looking and ask how much weight I had lost. I just told them "Yeah I've lost alittle weight, this morning sickness is getting the best of me!" (b/c we were ready to tell).  Was kind of a fun way to let ppl know!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker photo Lil-gobblers_zps83205d35.jpg image image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"