High-Risk Pregnancy

subchorionic hemorrhage

I recently found out I have a  subchorionic hemorrhage. Anybody else in the same boat? I see my OB on the 7th but any info would surly put my mind at ease.

Re: subchorionic hemorrhage

• kmcd23kmcd23 member
    I had one from weeks 6 - 19. It was scary and frustrating. I did modified bed rest since I bled pretty much that whole time. Around week 19, I shed most of it. That's the nicest way to put it, and by week 23 there wasn't a trace of it left.

The only complication I had from it was a very mild infection of the cervix towards the end, easily cleared up with one round of antibiotics. Baby seems to have had no impact from it all.

Most of them seem to amount to nothing, so try to stay positive! There are horror stories out there, but they aren't as common as the happy endings. Good luck! 
  • My doctor said mine was small.. I just don't know what do expect! will I start bleeding all of a sudden? cause that hasn't happened.
  • Loading the player...
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    imagehgmain10ance:
    My doctor said mine was small.. I just don't know what do expect! will I start bleeding all of a sudden? cause that hasn't happened.

Like Nola said, it can go either way. Some people spot, some people bleed heavy, some people would never know because it reabsorbs.
  • There's great information on babycenter.com. I was put on bed rest and told not to have any sex, as well as, no lifting. Drink lots of water too. Some SCH do get reabsorbed or bleed out. and like someone said by 20 weeks a huge % are gone.  Just take it easy. Best of luck.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • BLPL101BLPL101 member
    I had one and bled from week 5 to week 16 (I think?). I don't remember, but it was a really long time and I bled A LOT. I have a healthy 4 month old baby girl :)

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a small SCH found on US at 8 weeks due to light spotting.  At 9 weeks I had a big red bleed (so bad that they though I miscarried), baby was fine on US#2.  Light spotting continued, at 11weeks I had another bleed (dark blood).  Went in for US#3 and baby still fine, but SCH much larger, and am on a week of modified bedrest until my 12 week appt on Thursday.

It has been so stressful and I just want it to start going away.  I really never would have envisioned my pregnancy like this, and I'm jealous of people having no complications.

• I had one that was diagnosed after bleeding at 5w5d.  I spotted off and on for about 2-3 weeks.  It was reabsorbed.  Now I am 20 weeks.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"