January 2013 Moms

Fenugreek

Anyone with experience: how much Fenugreek should  I take to see the best results in increased milk supply?

Re: Fenugreek

• The typical dose is 3 capsules, 3 times a day. You know it is working if you start to smell like maple syrup. I am taking 4 capsules, 3 times a day because the lower dose wasn't working for me. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejcar2:
    imageMasonMama:
    The typical dose is 3 capsules, 3 times a day. You know it is working if you start to smell like maple syrup. I am taking 4 capsules, 3 times a day because the lower dose wasn't working for me.nbsp;
    I'm glad you said this. I have been taking 3 3x a day but my supply hasn't been that good, I don't smell like maple syrup and haven't in a while, and the LC mentioned going up to 4 if I wanted.

Me exactly too. I just went up to 4 pills 3x a day today and am hoping for better results.

• Loading the player...
  • PP are correct about the fenugreek dosing, but sometimes it can upset LO's stomach. That's why it's usually recommended to also take blessed thistle.
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I never really had supply issues but I drink organic mothers milk tea a couple times a day. Has fenugreek, no caffeine, and some other goodies.

Try it can't hurt
  • according to my mom, IBCLC, they'll spit up more or act like they've got reflux... my baby's just a spitter though and the blessed thistle didn't change that. But she said that for some babies, it helps especially if it's being caused by the fenugreek.
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The Fenugreek you guys are taking, what does the dosage say on the bottle? Mine says 1 pill 2x/day. Are you guys just upping the dosage, or is that what your bottle says? I am just wondering if there are different strengths of the pills? TIA.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagenicole3090:
    The Fenugreek you guys are taking, what does the dosage say on the bottle? Mine says 1 pill 2x/day. Are you guys just upping the dosage, or is that what your bottle says? I am just wondering if there are different strengths of the pills? TIA.

That's what mine says as well, so I just take 2 pills a day, plus I drink 1 cup of mother's milk tea, and 2 cups of nettles tea. Is it okay to just up the dosage or to follow the prescribed dosage?

• mistd78mistd78 member
    I am taking 3 pills 3 times a day and have yet to smell the maple syrup.  I tried this earlier while on maternity leave, and the maple syrup smell was very noticeable, and kind of nice lol.  I also am taking the blessed thistle 3 pills 3 times a day as well as Shatavari 1 pill 2x per day.  I have not started the mothers milk tea again yet, but plan to in the next day or two.  I have not had a response yet but am hoping if I up the Fenugreek to 4 pills maybe that will help too.
    ~Misty
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"