Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

What's going on with my body??

Last month I stopped taking my birth control because me and my boyfriend decided we could TTC. I stopped it at the end of the 28 days and then started my period right on time, the 10th of March. Now during February I had experienced a lot of pain on my right side and went in for an ultrasound where they found a cyst the size of a golf ball and a bunch of tiny ones on my right ovary. We decided to just see if they went away naturally, however, now that same pain is back but amplified. So last Friday I went in for my second ultrasound, which the tech wouldn't tell or show me anything, and now I'm waiting on my results. But I also have had a lot of pregnancy symptoms lately, such as, slight weight gain, sore breasts and nipples(which I never experienced before), cramps along with the right ovary pain I talked about, back pain, and wild mood swings. I'm 52 days into my cycle now, or in other terms, three weeks late. I just took a HPT and it was negative, as well as the one they took at the ER on Thursday. Has anyone else experienced this? And do I still have a chance of a pregnancy even though the HPT was negative? 

Re: What's going on with my body??

• Options

Well it doesn't seem like you know when/if you ovulated and there's no way for us to know that.

All negative hpt's I have gotten, have been negative because I was not pregnant.

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

May 2013: First R.E. appointment

DH: SA is good

May 2013: CD3 Blood work-normal
               June 2013: Hsg-Right tube blocked

July 26, 2013: Starting Follistim for IVF #1

August 2013: IVF #1 Cancelled- Abnormal embryos

October/November 2013: IVF #2 w/ICSI

November 8, 2013: Transferred two early blasts (no frosties) 

November 18, 2013: First EVER BFP! 

Beta#1: 91  Beta#2: 288

1st U/S- 5w2d Saw yolk sac!

3rd U/S- 7w4d HB of 157bpm!

TEAM BLUE!

http://movingtolight.blogspot.com/

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

I am sorry you are dealing with this cyst.  I have never had one but have heard how painful they can be.

I would trust that both your hpt and the hospitals test were accurate and you are not pregnant.  I know this can be an anxious time.

To be sure you have O'd yet do you chart, temp or use OPKs?  It isn't a bad idea to look into those posibilites, check out Fertility Friend for help with that.

Umm...again, sorry you are experiencing this.  Check out the Newb blog, and stay awhile.  The girls here can be very helpful.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I had symptoms like that from going off of birth control. If HPT's are negative, it's probably just your body adjusting to not being on BCP.

ETA: symptoms like that minus the pain from your cyst.

• Options
    I do track my temperature, along with mucus. Unfortunately my track said that I ovulated at two different times during this which I didn't think I could do, so it's been hard to rely on that. Thanks for being so helpful and I will definitely check out the website.
  • Options

imageemilyconrad93:
    I do track my temperature, along with mucus. Unfortunately my track said that I ovulated at two different times during this which I didn't think I could do, so it's been hard to rely on that. Thanks for being so helpful and I will definitely check out the website.

you definitely can't ovulate twice in one cycle. Honestly, it sounds like your body is trying to regulate coming off of birth control.  If you're not pregnant, please stick around. This board is a great resource when trying to get pregnant. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageJellybean813:

I had symptoms like that from going off of birth control. If HPT's are negative, it's probably just your body adjusting to not being on BCP.

All of this.

I went off BCP around the same time you did, and experienced the same symptoms you did (aside from weight gain and cyst pain). I am not pregnant.

I don't have any experience with cysts, but if you want to keep testing, go ahead and do that. But if you hit 60 days since your last period, call your doctor. They can give you an Rx to jumpstart your next cycle.

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Options

When we I went off BC pretty much the same thing happened.  I had a horrible cysts (I was on BC in large part to regulate them) and my first few cycles were anywhere from 57-66 days.  It took me a long time to get to a normal cycle length and those first ones, I did not ovulate.   Sorry you are having to go through this, I hope your body regulates soon.   

Me: 34, DH: 32
    TTC Since September 2012
    Dx-PCOS, Anovulation, highly irregular cycles
    March 2013 Comid 50 mg+ TI #1: BFN
    April 2013 Clomid mg + TI #2: BFN
    IVM#1 Aug 2012: BFN
    20 FEB 2014:  CP
    IUI #1 Clomid 100mg  24 FEB 2014: BFN

IUI #2 Clomid 100mg  21 MAR 2014: BFN

IUI#3 Follistim & trigger 21 May 2014: BFN

IVF #1 Follistim & Menopur: 14R, 9M, 7F, transfered 2 day 3 8 cell embies

Beta #1: 7/30: 41  Beta #2 8/1: 96   Beta #3 8/4: 796   EDD:4/9/15

imageimageimage

All Welcome 

• Options
    imageResiW:
    imageJellybean813:

All of this.

I went off BCP around the same time you did, and experienced the same symptoms you did (aside from weight gain and cyst pain). I am not pregnant.

I don't have any experience with cysts, but if you want to keep testing, go ahead and do that. But if you hit 60 days since your last period, call your doctor. They can give you an Rx to jumpstart your next cycle.

I will definitely have to look into that pill, I still haven't gotten my period, and am waiting for my ultrasound results. They should have them in today. 

• Options

imageemilyconrad93:

Can you share a link to your chart? 

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • Options
    I got the results for my ultrasound today. The cyst that they found in February has grown, its now 2.6 by 2.6 by 2.2 cm in size. Unfortunately, they discovered that its complex, I have a follow-up on the 13th, so we're going to figure out what to do. They said that the cyst has prevented me from ovulating this month anyways, but after they take care of it they can figure out if its a good idea for us to try for a baby. Also I track my cycles with a phone app, but I will try to fill out a web one and send a link.
  • Options
    imageemilyconrad93:
    I got the results for my ultrasound today. The cyst that they found in February has grown, its now 2.6 by 2.6 by 2.2nbsp;cmnbsp;in size. Unfortunately, they discovered that its complex, I have a followup on the 13th, so we're going to figure out what to do. They said that the cyst has prevented me from ovulating this month anyways, but after they take care of it they can figure out if its a good idea for us to try for a baby. Also I track my cycles with a phone app, but I will try to fill out a web one and send a link.

That sucks about the cyst. I hope they can take care of that for you.

Fertilityfriend.com has a mobile app that syncs to the web version as well. You can use both if you want or only one. Try it out and put the link in your siggy that way we can see you chart in the future. And it's also free.

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• Options
    Good luck with the cyst. I had one the size of a small grapefruit on my ovary and they were able to leave my ovary intact. You can get pregnant with just one ovary though.
  • Options
    imagenicole mackenzie:
    Good luck with the cyst. I had one the size of a small grapefruit on my ovary and they were able to leave my ovary intact. You can get pregnant with just one ovary though.

That's what my sister was telling me too, thank you that is very encouraging.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"