June 2013 Moms

Blerg

It's a vent but with a good ending at least...feel free to skip! I guess it's quite long too...

I've been having pretty uncomfortable Braxton hicks contractions very strong and up to 10 an hour in the evenings after work all day for at least a month. My doctor, who I adore, is aware and has checked me at every appointment I've had, but nothing is going on down there thank goodness! She said to let her know if they become very painful or crampy. Well, they have been since Friday, in addition to a feeling that the baby has dropped and an intense and painful downward pressure. Feels like I'm gonna pop! It really feels like its all about to fall out or break, as weird as it sounds. After several people, including the instructor of our labor class, suggested I call the doctor to ask about this, I finally did today. I know...I procrastinate! And I hate to be a bother over what could be nothing! Anyway, they said I better come in to be checked, so I went, and I saw the other doctor of the two at my OB for only the second time. She comes in and snaps 'you're smiling! No way you're in labor!'. I guess I didn't respond fast enough, so she adds 'so why on earth do you think you're in labor?'. I told her I didn't think I was and I hadn't said that in my message. She got really frustrated and asked why I was even there. I explained and she said shed check me even though I was obviously fine. So she did, but dang she was rough! She even cut me with the speculum, which is the first time one has been used to check me. It was basically just a horrible visit, and I came out very upset and in more pain, and hoping she won't be my delivery doc! Of course, there's a fifty percent chance she will be. I really hope she was just having an off day or a bad moment!
So, there's the rant, sorry it is so long! I cried the whole drive home...such a baby. And when I got home I found that DH had for once done what he said he would when he said he would and cleaned the bathroom, done laundry, and emptied and reloaded the dishwasher! I was so relieved I cheered right up! He does help out, but it's always too little or too late. But today it made my day at least, so I'm thankful for that: Ok, long post finally over!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Blerg

• Clearly you've missed all of the posts telling posters it's dumb AND dangerous to not get checked bc you don't want to be a bother.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with pp. but sorry your dr was so rough. I would of said something but that's just me. Glad you don't seem to be dilating or anything yet.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageheavenpaige:
    I agree with pp. but sorry your dr was so rough. I would of said something but that's just me. Glad you don't seem to be dilating or anything yet.

I'd be all over HR if my OB was that terrible to me.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nope, I hadn't seen that yet, but I did right after I posted this...the one about the nurse urging expectant moms to call/see the doctor if they feel something is up. So sad, glad I saw it. Sorry I didn't see it before I posted.

I was checked at the end of last week, but it was reassuring to be checked again today. I'm really glad she's staying in there too: Just hoping for my usual doc next time:
  • I forgot to say I'm thinking of saying something...I'm just not very good with that kind if stuff. I'll have to think about that I guess.
  • CCR630CCR630 member

imageemolm:
    imageheavenpaige:
    I agree with pp. but sorry your dr was so rough. I would of said something but that's just me. Glad you don't seem to be dilating or anything yet.
    I'd be all over HR if my OB was that terrible to me.

Absolutely. That's unacceptable. Sorry you had such a bad day :( 

www.thefamilyragan. blogspot.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"