February 2013 Moms
Options

Waking baby

DS eats every 3.5 hrs then Is awake 12 hrs then sleeps . His naps seem to get longer as the day goes on and I'm wondering if I try to change this if it would help him sleep thru the night. For example tonight he fell asleep at 530 and I woke him at 730 for bedtime routine . He went back to bed at 845. How do you prevent baby from sleeping after a certain time without them being totally miserable ? I'm dying for him to sleep thru the night but not sure if there is anything I can do to help him.

Re: Waking baby

• Options

If your baby is overtired, he won't sleep well at night either. Like PP said, go with his schedule for now. Maybe 5:30 is his bedtime right now and you should try his routine around then?

I believe in the idea that you never wake a sleeping baby, but my pedi also recommended waking after 3 hours during the day. So if LO is still napping after 3 hours, I pick her up to see if she will stir and want to eat.

I'm reading Healthy Sleep Habits Healthy Baby and it makes a lot of sense to me.

Good luck! 

• Options
    imageTeacher Clark:
    Personally I don't think you do. I think you have to let your LO set their own schedule at this age. It starts to normalize out soon. Although, your LO may just need to be in bed for the night at 5, it's not that uncommon.

This. Every baby is different and as far as I've been told most don't sleep through the night so soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    khazekhaze member
    imageTeacher Clark:
    Personally I don't think you do. I think you have to let your LO set their own schedule at this age. It starts to normalize out soon. Although, your LO may just need to be in bed for the night at 5, it's not that uncommon.

This.

Declan 2.21.2013
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 6.22.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"