December 2013 Moms

Nicknames for baby?

2»

Re: Nicknames for baby?

• Little jellybean has been my fave! Can't wait to give them an actual name lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • We call ours bean, bubs, or just "the baby". My son was always nicknamed bubs or bubsy when I was pregnant and I thought it was sweet. We still call him bubs sometimes now and he's 3 haha x

Kieran born 21.1.10

Angel baby 1 lost 18.6.13

Angel baby 2 lost 30.10.13

• Chiclet. As in the gum...when I went in for my u/s, the doc said, "See that little blob right there that looks like a piece of chewed up gum? That's your baby."

Love my doc, we have a special relationship lol 

View Full Size Image 
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My step sisters was squishy, my previous pregnancy was speck, this ones my little twinkle.
  • I'm calling it whatever my ticker calls it for the week.

My sister's also pregnant and her husband is calling their baby "Gummy Bear". It's pretty clever actually. 

image   image
  • imageBoraBoraBaby:
    As of today: platypus. Last night I dreamed I was in the ocean and a platypus latched on to me, afraid to go back in the water. I felt a strange need to protect it and keep it safe so i carried him around with me everywhere. We had a scare this morning with spotting but after a u/s we seem to be ok for now. I thought of the platypus all morning and how it latched on to me for dear life and how I kept it safe and now we've been calling the baby our little platypus.

I love this story. It made me cry. Yes, I'm extra hormonal these days, but I thing I would have cried either way, it's so sweet. Yay! For happy platypus news! 

To answer OP, mine is fruit of the week. Or Sam, that will be the name if its a boy, or Natalie.  This  is probably the most common, as I just know its a girl. 

IAmPregnant Ticker
    Dream celeb baby daddy- Prince Harry
      Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageNurseKMM:

imageBoraBoraBaby:
    As of today: platypus. Last night I dreamed I was in the ocean and a platypus latched on to me, afraid to go back in the water. I felt a strange need to protect it and keep it safe so i carried him around with me everywhere. We had a scare this morning with spotting but after a u/s we seem to be ok for now. I thought of the platypus all morning and how it latched on to me for dear life and how I kept it safe and now we've been calling the baby our little platypus.

I love this story. It made me cry. Yes, I'm extra hormonal these days, but I thing I would have cried either way, it's so sweet. Yay! For happy platypus news! 

To answer OP, mine is fruit of the week. Or Sam, that will be the name if its a boy, or Natalie.  This  is probably the most common, as I just know its a girl. 

Natalie is a beautiful name and I love Sam, too. Glad my story was touching and reading your response made ME cry, yay hormones!! Wishing you all
    a very safe and happy 9m!!
  • I call it baby. I know, I'm original. I hate all the cutesy names.
  • Until we know the gender, it'll be our 'lil jalapeno. We LOVE hot things, and we are in TX, so, it fits for us.
  • We nicknamed DS "peanut" after our 8w u/s because he looked exactly like a little peanut. This LO has been nicknamed "bean" because I've had such AWFUL gas.... haha.
    BFP #1 4/8/11 EDD 12/16/11 DS Born 12/18/11<br>
    BFP #2 3/1/13 EDD 11/10/13 MC 3/7/13<br>
    BFP #3 4/5/13 EDD 12/17/13 MMC Discovered 6/4/13 D&C 6/5/13<br>

• esf60esf60 member
    we call him/her The Tiny. nicknames that start with "The" are fun.

• The baby is one way we refer to it. We also call it buy a descriptive word followed by bear. So for example, nauseating bear. I was burning up the other night and I think one of us said burning bear. My husband likes to call it running bear when all is good.
  • dbucksdbucks member
    When I got the first BFP I gave DH the task of choosing a good nickname, because he loves stuff like that. He chose Jacques, for Jacques Cousteau.
  • imagelisab613:
    We call her bun as in bun in the oven. Sometimes we refer to her as the fruit of the week. Right now she's a blueberry! We tend to call bun a "she" but who knows!

I use bun too. I don't say it often but every now in then when referring to baby i'll say my my little bun.

T~ 9.27.05 C~ 6.24.11 L~12.2.13
  • tealowltealowl member

I call it a little shark, or we just call it The Thing.

We're so nice.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

• We're calling him/her Kermit for now, since he/she had a little tadpole tail for a while there.
  • We call our LO Squish. Partially because I love Finding Nemo and I can use Dory's line of "and he (or she) shall be my squishy" but also because the day I found out I was pregnant I kept finding myself hunched over typing on the computer so I was so afraid I was going to squish the baby and then the name stuck.
    TTC#1 since 6/1/12
  • imageJulieturner507:
    I googled this to come up with creative names and came across Cletus the fetus. My husband loved it. I hate it so much. So of course he says it to irritate me. :]

Hilarious!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• At first we were calling it TadBaby because it looked like a tadpole.  Then we found out twins so we had to come up with two.  There is dissention among the ranks...my SO wants to call the Linny & Squiggy but I want to call them Pooh and Piglet!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• TFB... tiny fetus baby. We call our cat "tiny kitten" so it's fitting. I'm just relieved that we're finally in the fetus stage, because "tiny embryo baby" doesn't have quite the same ring to it...

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"