December 2013 Moms

When Does Body "Get Used" to Hormones?

For anyone that has been pregnant before---when do the symptoms start to subside? I know that they usually go away towards end of 1st trimester (right?), but is there a period where your body starts to "get used" to hormones and thus symptoms somewhat diminish gradually? I'm 8.5 weeks and had a great ultrasound last Friday, but just wondering why I don't feel my symptoms are as pronounced as they were in the 6-7 week mark. They're still there, but just not as obvious or as frequent. I know symptoms come and go, but it just feels different this past week compared to the earlier weeks.

TTC since April 2011. DH Dx MFI in February 2012. BFP #1: 7.16.12. MMC dx: 8.22.12, D&C 8.28.12, TTC Again November 2012. DH Varicocele repair November 2012; Repeat SA showed "dramatic" improvement February 2013 (awesome!)
BFP #2: 3.26.13, EDC: 12.7.13. Anya born December 9th, 2013!

Re: When Does Body "Get Used" to Hormones?

• With my first my symptoms got better after the 8th week.
  • They never really fully go away for some women, so there's no telling if and when it will for you. And the symptoms you have now will be replaced by new ones. 
    Mommy to Patricia Catherine, born still at 22w6d, 8/2/12. Mommy and Daddy will love and miss you forever baby girl!

Bonus Mommy to I (16), A (15) and O (12)

Furbaby Mommy to Athena, a English Mastiff

BFP: 3/27/13, We are cautiously expecting baby #2 on 12/9/13 :) Please be our rainbow little one!

photo fb29a895-732c-493b-b5f1-15ac16bff5b5_zps53c7f13d.jpg

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The first time around, my 1st tri symptoms started to come and go around week 10. There wasn't really a fade so much as a flickering out -- they'd get better for a few days, worse for a couple days, etc. I think I was truly feeling pretty good by week 14.
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For me I had extreme morning sickness until I was 26 weeks but it didn't really go away. I was nauseous up until the end. I think it depends on the person.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • esf60esf60 member
    I'm in week 9 and the nausea seems to only be getting worse. Blah.

• MrsC731MrsC731 member
    imageutlawgirl:
    The first time around, my 1st tri symptoms started to come and go around week 10. There wasn't really a fade so much as a flickering out they'd get better for a few days, worse for a couple days, etc. I think I was truly feeling pretty good by week 14.

This is exactly how it was for me with my first too.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsC731:
    imageutlawgirl:
    The first time around, my 1st tri symptoms started to come and go around week 10. There wasn't really a fade so much as a flickering out they'd get better for a few days, worse for a couple days, etc. I think I was truly feeling pretty good by week 14.
    This is exactly how it was for me with my first too.

also this exactly for me too 

• Symptoms fluctuate a lot in early pregnancy. A lot of symptoms (like m/s) are a result of your body adjusting to the hcg. It usually levels out at around 2 weeks which is why that's considered the time where most people start to feel their symptoms fade. Every person/pregnancy is different. Some people feel symtoms every day for the full 40, other never feel any at all. And every comination in between. If you're like me with this pregnancy, your symptoms will disapear for a few days, then come back. Or you may be done with the symptoms with this pregnancy. Either way is totally normal, and is not an indication that something is wrong.
    Suprise BFP: 8/17/11 (previous relationship)
    Natural m/c: 10/17/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Me (Katie)
    DX:PCOS
    DH (Adam
    Married 10/11/12
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since 3/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"