October 2013 Moms
Options

Joint shower thoughts

I'm totally stealing this from the 2nd tri board; someone over there is being offered a joint shower with her cousin.

so, what are your thoughts on a joint shower? Would you have one?  

photo 45ad94ec-8f7e-4e11-afa6-d58d009e0ecb_zpse556e368.jpg  image image

Re: Joint shower thoughts

• Options
    god no, only because it took me 50000 hours just to open my gifts. i can't imagine making people sit through TWO people doing this.

• Options

I wouldn't want a joint shower. Too many people--half of whom I probably wouldn't know. It's awkward opening presents and oooohing and aaaahing over every one when it's just your own friends. It would be so odd with strangers there too.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My sister in law is also expecting and my MIL suggested we have a joint shower and both of us shot it down real quick!
  • Options
    imageMrsMommyQ:
    I wouldn't want a joint shower. Too many peoplehalf of whom I probably wouldn't know. It's awkward opening presents and oooohing and aaaahing over every one when it's just your own friends. It would be so odd with strangers there too.

This. My cousin's wife and I are due the same day. We thought about having a joint shower which would be fine if it was family only. But we would both include friends that didn't know the other mom to be and we felt like that would get super awkward for the guests.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Lol, I thought you were talking about that woman who showers with her his and and washes him. I was going to say well I'm not adverse to them but I wouldn't go as far as her!

But to answer your real question I don't think I would have one. Maybe it sounds selfish, but unless we were both having second babies I would want my shower to be about me, and my cousins/friends/sisters to be about her. Plus I wouldn't want a bunch of people I didn't know at my shower, well, more than I already will have.
  • Options
    Depends on who it would be with, by my first reaction was probably not.
  • Options
    I could see a joint shower with someone in the family if you're only inviting family, and everyone knew everybody.  It would be awkward to be invited to a joint shower for a friend if you didn't know the other person in the shower.  Would you have to buy a gift for a stranger?  That would be weird.  
    DD #1 Eva- April 2011
    DD #2 Violet- October 2013
    DD#3 Due New Year's Eve 2016

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

imagekaswanson:
    I could see a joint shower with someone in the family if you're only inviting family, and everyone knew everybody.  It would be awkward to be invited to a joint shower for a friend if you didn't know the other person in the shower.  Would you have to buy a gift for a stranger?  That would be weird.  

Yeah that would be my question. I know my family and even if they didn't know the person they would bring a gift, which would make me feel bad!

I personally wouldn't do a joint shower (baby shower for you pervs ha ha), it just seems like it would be a hassle and I personally think a shower of any type should be 3 hours at the very very most.  This type of thing seems like it could drag on forever!

photo 45ad94ec-8f7e-4e11-afa6-d58d009e0ecb_zpse556e368.jpg  image image

• Options
    imagecdhaslag:
    Am I really the only one who read this as she was going to have to take a shower with her cousin? I kept thinking "that's so strange, why not just go one at a time"..... Oh baby brain

OMG! No! I was like ewwwww why is she showering with her cousin?????
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had a joint shower with a coworker thrown by the parents at the school I taught at. I think it worked because it was only parents of our students. However it was for her wedding and my baby which I thought would make it awkward but didn't.
    Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"