November 2013 Moms

today was a nightmare...

My ds who is 9 months old. He has had a wet cough for a week. Took him to the pediatrician today And they diagnosed him with rsv virus. They also said he could be starting an ear infection. He can barely nap because he can't breathe. I went back to my pedi in the afternoon because he was inconsolable and could hardly breathe. THey have me a nebulizer to do treatments. On my way home he fell asleep so i drove around for an hour so he could sLeep. Then at home I asked dh to turn on the shower as hot as possible so i could go in the bathroom with ds so the steam could help clear his lungs. He started it and wHen i opened the bathroom door the floor was flooded. He accidentally left the sink faucet running while plugged. So we had to clean that up. Then I did the nebulizer treatment and my son freaked. He screamed and kicked. We had to hold him down so he could get his treatment. Literally broke my heart. Then I snuggled with him and he fell asleep. Now in trying to wind down from my hectic day. Thoughts and prayers please. Being pregnant and still feeling exhausted is killing me

Re: today was a nightmare...

• I hate when kids are sick, it is heartbreaking. Prayers to you for a better day tomorrow and that ds feels better you poor momma!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mommy cuddles are the best thing for him.   just hold him tight and rest with him.  hang in there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image image
  • Loading the player...
  • My niece had RSV in December and I stayed with them to help out because it was so exhausting with the lack of sleep and constant treatments. It is no fun at all. We did the treatments when she was sleeping if we could, she usually would only sleep when someone was holding her anyways so she was upright. We also tried propping her crib and putting a warm mist humidifier in her room. Not to scare you, but she eventually ended up at the Children's Hospital because she wasn't getting enough oxygen. She only stayed one night though and they were able to clear a lot of the fluid out of her lungs and she could rest much better than she did at home. It is a scary virus and I am very sorry that you are going through it with your son. Oh we also tried letting her play with the mask of the nebulizer when it was off so it was less scary, she still hated it but didn't scream as much. Hang in there, and I assume your pediatrician has a follow up appointment in a few days? Make sure they are keeping a close eye on him and if you don't feel like they are switch pediatricians. Sorry this was so long, just wanted to share my experience with it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC Since Summer 2011
    BFP #1 11/5/11 EDD 7/22/12 MC 11/14/11
    PGAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • Ugh, sorry :(   DS had to have nebulizer treatments so many times over the course of 2-3 months.  It all happened right after he started daycare.  He absolutely hated it too, but he seemed to do better when we just used the wand instead of the mask.  And we'd watch a fun TV show too and that would help to distract him.  Good luck and hope you LO is better very soon!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    photo calforsiggy_zps05750af4.png
  • I'm so sorry that sounds like a terrible day!  Your poor little guy must feel awful, which means you're probably feeling even worse.  Hope all of you get a good rest tonight.
  • That does sound like a nightmare! My son does the same thing with the nebulizer- it helps if I sing to him. I hope he gets to feeling better soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"