June 2013 Moms
Options

baby kicks...

everyone thinks its so neat when baby kicks...well I beg to differ. The fun butterflies early on are exciting but once there is a small human kicking, punching, head-butting, and doing God knows what else to your insides, it gets just down right painful! Who thought a little baby could cause so much pain.

Re: baby kicks...

• Options
    Honestly, I do still get a little excited about kicks as a FTM but when she decides to stay right under my ribs so that I can't bend forward... yeah that sucks!
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • Options
    I love them. It helps my Pgal brain. Maybe I don't feel it as much cause of the anterior placenta. But for now ill take it.

m/c 2002 7w2d
    bfp 9.6.12 | edd 5.17.13 | m/c 9.19.12 5w5d

bfp 10.18.12 | edd 6/28/13

beta#1 10.18.12 - 96 / progestrone 32 || beta#2 10.22.12 - 711 || beta#3 10.25.12 - 2608 DD born 6/27/13

bfp 7.16.14 | edd 3/27/15

beta#1 7.18.14 - 149 || beta#2 7.21.14 - ??

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like kicks and squirms still. It only is uncomfortable occasionally
  • Options
    My LO is way too active. Especially at night when I'm trying to sleep. It's usually pretty uncomfortable and border line bruising.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have a posterior placenta and have felt her kick since week 18 and I'm still not tired of it.  I guess I've been really lucky cuz not one of her kicks has hurt.  I do occasionally get twingyness when she hits my cervix, and of course there's the tightness under my ribs from how she's positioned, but her kicking has never caused me pain.  Here's hoping my luck holds out for the next 8 weeks and that your LO takes mercy on your insides!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageChristyD6:
    Honestly, I do still get a little excited about kicks as a FTM but when she decides to stay right under my ribs so that I can't bend forward... yeah that sucks!

All of this. I especially love it when SO is around and gets to feel her. He giggles like a kid on Christmas.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ah man now I feel bad :-( I do love feeling the "nice" movements but 90% of the time they are painful, she is kicking my bladder, ribs, some other organ, or right out the front of by belly (which seriously looks like i have a baseball lump on my belly. She likes to push out and hold it there and I need to push her back or else it is just too painful. 

I was the same way with DS and have had both placenta locations but I still get the same painful movements. I seriously consider trying to just gain a bunch of weight or something just for some extra "padding" lol :-P

• Options
    I like the kicks. But at the same time the slow drawn out move feels so odd!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagebkurtz0404:

Ah man now I feel bad :-( I do love feeling the "nice" movements but 90% of the time they are painful, she is kicking my bladder, ribs, some other organ, or right out the front of by belly (which seriously looks like i have a baseball lump on my belly. She likes to push out and hold it there and I need to push her back or else it is just too painful. 

I was the same way with DS and have had both placenta locations but I still get the same painful movements. I seriously consider trying to just gain a bunch of weight or something just for some extra "padding" lol :-P

Don't feel bad! I think there are many things about being pregnant that I have a Love-Hate relationship with :)

imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • Options
    It does hurt sometimes but I'm still loving it! DH is over it now though. I'm enjoying every minute of it since this is my last pregnancy and it also helps with my Pgal brain.

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• Options
    I could do without the non stop jabs at 4am
    We said "I Do" on 9/27/2008!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    GRJCGRJC member
    Totally agree!  Ugh - its getting to be a little too much!

1st Misc 11w2d
    2nd Misc 6w2d
    3rd Preg, Second Month on Clomed
    Baby Boy Born June 2013!
    4th Preg, Fifth Month on Clomed 
    Due 8/3/16

Follow me and my journey at:

http://alltheprettythings-cristina.blogspot.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love when my baby moves. painful or not....I love feeling him and watching my belly move. It helps with my anxiety- and I know as long as he is moving everything should be okay. It puts my mind at ease.

• Options
    I'm always worried so I love the movement. Even the annoying painful ones. It reassuring to me.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • Options
    This is my last pregnancy, and I have to say I never get tired of the kicks. He's active, but neither one of my kids have hurt my insides. Maybe it's because I grow them big and they stay low the whole time!

I won't miss the aches and pains and constant full bladder, though!
  • Options
    Yes especially when they started kicking your ribs or pelvic area! Just remember though it's painful but LO is letting you know she/he is alive and well!
  • Options
    Faith7Faith7 member

For the most part it's amusing and reassuring.  There are times, however, that I jump because it's such an intense, uncomfortable feeling.  Like when the dr. sticks a swab down your throat--something poking you where it shouldn't be.

Last night he stuck his foot out and I watched it move across my belly.  Weird but cool.  Two nights ago I had been sleeping peacefully on my right side. When I turned to my left, he began kicking furiously like Thumper the Rabbit.  Over and over, about 15 times.  Finally I gave up and turned back to my right side: two more kicks and he settled right down.

• Options
    I agree.  It used to be cool, but now it's uncomfortable.  I at least try to tell myself that when he's abusing the heck out of my right ribs that at least he's probably in the right position!  So yeah - that's the only benefit going there.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Options
    kgb-13kgb-13 member

imageChristyD6:

Yes this exactly.  I still like her kicks and movements, except when she stretches out to where I cant bend over or lean forward. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"