2nd Trimester

Light headed/Passing Out

I've had 2 scenarios in the past few weeks where I become very light headed, dizzy and on the verge of passing out. Both have been early morning, about an hour after I eat breakfast and I've been sitting down both times. I've been able to get myself together before passing out...has anyone else experienced this?

Re: Light headed/Passing Out

• Yes this happened to me a few times as well. It doesn't seem to be any particular time of day or related to eating. Once I was hungry but the other time I had just finished eating. I also broke out in a cold sweat each time.
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • Hi there, I was lurking on the second tri board- not quite there yet, but yes I have had this. About two weeks ago I actually had to go the ER (My work called EMS) because I passed out at work.  My OB said that I need to make sure to keep my blood sugar up and break my meals into 6 small meals and said that it's a sign that the pregnancy is very chemically stable - or something along those lines- I don't remember his exact words but he said that it's not uncommon. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup, tons, and at 26 weeks they're getting even worse.  My doctor is not terrifically concerned, but I am concerned about maintaining a normal work/life schedule.  It sucks!
  • It happened to me. Exactly how you described it- about an hour after breakfast. Went to the hospital- everything was fine. Dr told me to eat more protein. 
  • Go down the list:

Water (hydrated)
    Blood Sugar (maybe some OJ or handful of raisins)
    BP (Protein: a handful of nuts, a little baybel cheese wheel or yogurt covered pretzels)

Often when I would get the dizzy spells its because I had gone a long time without one of those things. I would try to have a little bit of all of the above (yogurt covered raisins and water cover it well) every 2 or 3 hours. That keeps everything level so you don't have sudden spikes.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I would mention it to the OB. I had some issues and my OB ran some blood tests and found out I was borderline anemic. So I was put on Iron for the duration of my pregnancy.

Try to keep track if certain foods are making this happen as well :) hope you feel better soon

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Same thing for me. It just happened yesterday, and I had to stay home from work because of it. Nothing seems to trigger it, I've been doing the small meal thing, lots of protein, tons of water, etc. My doctor isn't too concerned, which is frustrating since its taken me out of commission from work for a day at a time. This has happened four times to me so far, mostly in this past month.
  • Definitely mention it to your OB. I had that happen a lot in second tri but my health was good. They were worried about my heart - but it ended up stemming from anxiety! I was having such horrible anxiety attacks that they were reeking havoc on my body. Once I started my anxiety meds again, I was fine.  Now the lightheadedness is back a little and just found out yesterday I am very anemic! Oy! Hang in there!
    Married my BEST FRIEND on December 1, 2007. Started TTC in March 2008. Found out we were expecting our first child in October 2008 - but had a m/c in December 2008 - resulting in a d&e. Met with a RE in May 2009 and set a plan - but conceived unexpectedly on our own! Our precious little Sophia was born on February 9, 2010! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • This just started with me today. My first thoughts were to drink more water. Which I did. My dizzyness still persists.I will try the snacks mentioned above. I do live in Arizona so I think part of my problem may be the heat, but still not sure. Just hope it goes away and I dont pass out.
  • Me but mine happens at work. I work around food and ovens and we dont have air conditioning. Its only happened once at home but we live upstairs and of course heat travels. The only thing I can suggest is drink lots of water and stay cool if its a fan or even going to the mall and walk around. You cool down and get light excercise
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"