December 2013 Moms
Options

Cool story!... with a tiny sad part

So I was talking with one of the older Navy wives today and she was telling me about her first son.

Apparently, she got pregnant right before her husband deployed, so they knew before he left. But she miscarried when he was gone.

She remained sick for two more months and just finally broke down and cried to a coworker- she works in medical. He opened his office early for her one day to do an assessment of what was wrong and found out she was pregnant with the twin they didn't know had been there! 

So, she got to call her husband up again and tell him she was still pregnant!

Can you imagine?!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cool story!... with a tiny sad part

• Options
    This same thing happened to a friend of mine.  Her body kept telling her she was pregnant, so after a couple of months, she went in for a D&C.  They used the doppler, just in case and found a heartbeat!  Her son is now 8 years old and doing great!
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options

imageTwirple:
    This same thing happened to a friend of mine.  Her body kept telling her she was pregnant, so after a couple of months, she went in for a D&C.  They used the doppler, just in case and found a heartbeat!  Her son is now 8 years old and doing great!

Oh wow. Here's to always having one extra ultrasound. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh my! That's sad about her m/c but such a wonderful ending! I bet he was so ecstatic.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    That's a great story!
  • Options
    Goosebumps .... seriously!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Options

I saw something just like that on I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant the other day! This lady did IVF and it was her and her husband's last chance so they implanted 3 embyos, and then she miscarried. Then she went to the hospital months later and they told her she had uterine cancer. So they did an u/s and found out she was like 8 months with one of the other embryos (and that she didn't have cancer obviously) Crazy! I bet that doesn't happen as often now, because doctor's do follow up ultrasounds and follow betas back to normal. A continuing pregnancy would be kinda hard to miss at that point.

Suprise BFP: 8/17/11 (previous relationship)
    Natural m/c: 10/17/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Me (Katie)
    DX:PCOS
    DH (Adam
    Married 10/11/12
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since 3/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"