Stay at Home Moms

ant killer

Has anyone killed house ants with borax and sugar?

I've heard it works.  Of course, I would make sure the traps are set in a place that DS can't get to them.

Does it work?

If you guys have any suggestions on how to kill these little sh*ts, I'd love the advice.  They are the little brownish black ants, not the big carpenter ants. TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ant killer

• We had an ant problem a few weeks ago. I posted about it and got some suggestions for some homemade stuff. I ended up calling an exterminator. I couldn't stand the thought of them coming back. We paid a little over 300 for a 2 day treatment. The lady sprayed all the way around the house on the outside and in the crawl space under the room where they were getting inside. She came back 5 days later and did the same thing, saying the spray didn't kill eggs so she had to wait for more to hatch. We didn't have a serious infestation, we saw like 20 of them over the course of a week. After the first sighting, DH went to the hardware store and bought some spray. It seemed to work. But about a week later, we saw a few more. That was enough for me!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Ugggh, I've thought of calling the exterminator as well.  I figured I would give it a try myself first.

Believe me, if nothing works I will be on the phone very quick!

I wish I would've seen the post.  Hopefully I will get some good tips as well.  I guess its the wonderful season for these horrible creatures!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm getting ready to start bath and put my girls to bed. I'll look for my post later and put the link here for you.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Terro.  It is what our exterminator admitted that he uses in his house.  It works really well. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/73215034.aspx

Here's the link to my post about our ant issue.  Good luck!

• lisamoelisamoe member
    imageMrs.Greg:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/73215034.aspx

Here's the link to my post about our ant issue.  Good luck!

Thank you!!

• I swear by these little any houses. You can get them at home depot or target. You have to be patient but it does the trick. You put them in the path they are using and they walk through it and take some of the food/ poison and take it back to the colony to kill everyone. It does take a day or two to work but when it does you are golden. I obviously wouldn't let my kid play with the trap, but there is no harm in it sitting on the counter and it's much less of a mess than other options.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• lisamoelisamoe member
    imagelexusolsen:
    I swear by these little any houses. You can get them at home depot or target. You have to be patient but it does the trick. You put them in the path they are using and they walk through it and take some of the food/ poison and take it back to the colony to kill everyone. It does take a day or two to work but when it does you are golden. I obviously wouldn't let my kid play with the trap, but there is no harm in it sitting on the counter and it's much less of a mess than other options.
    Which ant traps?

• imagelisamoe:
    imagelexusolsen:
    I swear by these little any houses. You can get them at home depot or target. You have to be patient but it does the trick. You put them in the path they are using and they walk through it and take some of the food/ poison and take it back to the colony to kill everyone. It does take a day or two to work but when it does you are golden. I obviously wouldn't let my kid play with the trap, but there is no harm in it sitting on the counter and it's much less of a mess than other options.
    Which ant traps?

DH picked up some little things that had poisonous peanut butter inside.  He put one behind the TV stand in the room where we saw them and one outside the sliding glass door.  It's not actually a trap where they get stuck inside.  I wonder if that's what she's referring to.  The problem with that is, the stuff only kills the ants that eat it so not the eggs so you'll essentially aways have to have them to keep the ants away.  Well, that's what our exterminator lady told us anyway... so... here's a grain of salt to take with that statement Wink

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"