July 2013 Moms

When are you starting maternity leave?

For those of you who work full time, how far in advance before your due date do you plan on starting maternity leave? I'm already uncomfortable and dread taking the train everyday but if I drive in to the city my commute time doubles and so does the cost. I haven't been really happy at my job lately and am ready to start my leave now lol. I don't get much time off though since I've been there less than a year and will need to work as close to my due date as possible.I'm considering asking my boss if I can work from home one or two days a week to avoid the commute.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When are you starting maternity leave?

• My last week will be my 41st week. That's the upside of this being my fourth pregnancy: I know by my history I am very likely to be seriously overdue so I'll keep plugging away until 41 weeks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• MRadsMRads member

I don't have paid maternity leave, so in an effort to save

my vacation for after the baby comes, ill work until Dr pulls

me or I go into labor, even if I go past my dd.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Loading the player...
  • I work from home...so I assume I'll work until I deliver...boo.
  • The plan is for me to start maternity leave at 38 weeks. I'm waiting for the final kinks to be worked out of the plan.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• I'm having a c section June 24 and ending work June 7 -I have to use my PTO before disability. Last time I was at a different job and I worked until I went into labor bc I could take my PTO after having the baby. Not so this time, but considering its summer, I'm not complaining! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm working right until I go into labor. I'd love to take time off before and relax/prepare, however I can only take 8 weeks off so I want to have all that time with the baby. I do work from home a few days a week though, so that makes it easier to work right until labor.
    BFP #1 7/15/2012
    Natural Miscarriage 8/4/2012 at 7 weeks
    BFP #2 10/26/12 - Baby Jack - Due 7/6/13 - Born 6/7/13
    (born prematurely at 35w 6d, perfectly healthy with no NICU time needed)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I am due july 3 and my last day will be june 28.....

Karen - 36      DH - 39

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've got 2.5 weeks left.  I'm taking a week vacation, plus the full six weeks before baby is due.  :D

I seriously can't take my workplace anymore, so I'm just leaving. I keep telling people I'm breaking up with my abusive boyfriend... So I'll be pounding the pavement while on mat leave... Not the most stress-free way to spend my time, but happy that I have the opportunity!  :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• imageMRads:
    Inbsp;don'tnbsp;havenbsp;paidnbsp;maternitynbsp;leave,nbsp;sonbsp;innbsp;annbsp;effortnbsp;tonbsp;savemynbsp;vacationnbsp;fornbsp;afternbsp;thenbsp;babynbsp;comes,nbsp;illnbsp;worknbsp;untilnbsp;Drnbsp;pullsmenbsp;ornbsp;Inbsp;gonbsp;intonbsp;labor,nbsp;evennbsp;ifnbsp;Inbsp;gonbsp;pastnbsp;mynbsp;dd.

Ditto. My leave pays 250 per week, so I'm waiting until he comes, and then taking 5 or 6 weeks. But my Dr will likely not let me go much past my dd, if at all.
  • imagethegoodpotato:

I've got 2.5 weeks left.  I'm taking a week vacation, plus the full six weeks before baby is due.  :D

I seriously can't take my workplace anymore, so I'm just leaving. I keep telling people I'm breaking up with my abusive boyfriend... So I'll be pounding the pavement while on mat leave... Not the most stress-free way to spend my time, but happy that I have the opportunity!  :) 

Uhhhh.... Just realized how that sounded. Abusive boyfriend = bad workplace (bad joke). H is a fantastic guy. :) 

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• eoubeoub member
    I'm scheduled for a C-section on July 19, and I'm working right up to the day before.  I have an office job and a short commute, though, so it's no big deal to go in.  I'd rather have the time off post-baby.
    ~ BFP #1: 10/6/12, CP 10/18/12 @ 5w0d. ~
    ~ BFP #2: 11/13/12. EDD 7/25/13. ~
    ~ It's a BOY! Grow little guy, grow! ~ BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I work from home so I will work until I go into labor. I did the same my last pregnancy as well. My company is very small so I will only take 6 weeks off.
  • I am a teacher so my "maternity leave" starts on May 31st (last day of school), but I will not technically start my actual maternity leave until July 31st (first day of school) and stay out unitl the first of October...I continue to count every day and can't imagine having to come to work past May...just too tired and too much to do still;)

I think asking your boss if you could work from home is a great idea...especially if other people in your office do. GL

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm planning on working until I go into labor. The hospital I will be delivering at is across the street from my job. If I'm home I'll have to commute at least 1.5 hrs.

• My plan last time was to work up until labor. What ended up happening was I had complete insomnia and so many braxton hicks contractions at the end that my husband didn't feel like it was safe for me to drive 1 hour to/from work each day with zero sleep, so I ended up having a week off before baby came. It worked out! 
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My plan for now is to work until baby comes. I'm hoping my job will let me work from home the last two weeks before I'm due. Or at least let me work from HQ. In mid May I start a new project that has an hour commute each way.....no fun, but I told the boss (who has three kids himself and should understand) that I don't want to drive that far so late in the game.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • missyjgmissyjg member
    I'm hoping to work up until the end of school, which is later in NY, June 21st. That will put me at 38 weeks. But it's unlikely I will get that far bc I'm in so much pain from a hernia. I'm hoping I can, just taking one day at a time right now. I worked up until 40 weeks with DD.

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• May 24th since that is the last day of school.  However, I'm signed up to work June 3-5 and June 10-14 and 17-19 at workshops. 

• I work in a school so we will be done June 7th. I'm due July 13th so that gives me plenty of time to get settled in our new house that we're (hopefully) closing on this Friday!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • The policy at my work is the date you have the baby or your due date (whichever comes first).  So with my first who was 10 days late - I started my mat leave 10 days before he was born.  I'm due the 29th - so I'm taking a weeks vacation starting the 22nd and then mat leave starts the 29th.  I'm assuming I'll go late again - and if I go early awesome!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"