December 2013 Moms

Measuring Small

Hello everyone! My husband and I went it for an apt to get all of our blood work results back and also had an ultra sound. Tomorrow I should be 9 weeks, however the baby is measuring 8 wks 3 days... at our first apt he also did an ultra sound and I measured exactly where I should be. So... at this point I'm measuring about 4 days behind. We have to go back in 2 weeks for another ultra sound... trying not to worry too much! It's my first pregnancy, which doesn't help my nerves! Has this happened to anyone else?

Re: Measuring Small

• Don't worry. Its very normal for babies to measure a week ahead or behind this early. Just try to relax.

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP #1 - 07-15-12; Natural MC 07-18-12
    BFP #2 - 09-29-12; U/S showed baby stopped growing @ 5wks 4days - 10-30-12; D&C - 10-31-12
    BFP #3 - 04-10-13; Third time is a charm... Stick, baby, stick!!!
  • I understand your worry. My baby was a week behind last week so I am anxiously awaiting a follow up this Thursday.
    Just try to relax!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had an emergency u/s today because I had some spotting and measure at 1 week less than I thought. I was freaking out but then I read that drs measurements can be off by up to two weeks and often are! It's so common that they can't schedule you for a csection further out than two weeks from your due date in case the doc is two weeks off with the EDD. It's that common. So like I will be doing until my next u/s next week, try to relax and think positive thoughts. Keep your hopes high. I will be thinking of you.
  • Yup! Happen to me as well. It is also a first time pregnancy and child for my boyfriend and I, we have had two U/S already and the most recent measured a week off than the first estimation. We have decided that we liked our first due date and continue to tell people dec. 10th instead of 15th because it seemed pretty ridiculous to change that drastically in one weeks time.
  • Thanks for all the input ladies!! My goal is to just keep thinking positive!
  • I had an u/s today and the baby is measuring a week behind what I thought it was.  We go back in 2 weeks for another one, only because I have a history of bleeding.  The doctor didn't seemed concerned and I'm trying not to worry, but I know how hard it is!
  • For my first baby, they kept telling me he was a least 1 week behind after every ultrasound. Well he was born 5 days early and weighed 8.4 Pounds. So I wouldn't worry too much. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My RE said only to worry if the baby is more than a week behind or ahead. I know it's hard not to worry, but try not to!
  • My first ultra sound the tech said I was a little more than 5 weeks based on what she saw. The Dr 's and nurse's said 6 weeks because of my LMP.

I was on clomid and had a blood test and all to see if I ovulated within the time period I was supposed to. The blood test said I didn't but I DID AFTER THE blood test. Several days after I believe. Therefore resulting in the 2 different opinions on how far along I am.

I was given a due date of December 10th. Although I consider myself 7/8 weeks since the professionals gave me 2 different answers.

I would think to go with the ultrasound tech. Since they know what the baby looks like at the different stages and look at it more than simply going off an unpredictable menstrual cycle.
  • esf60esf60 member
    totally normal! at our first ultrasound, we were measuring behind. by ultrasound #2, we had caught up and were right on track.

• Same here I calculated 7 weeks plus and so did the doctor he gave me a due day of December 17th he then later said I measured at 6 weeks don't worry you're not alone in this and now I know I'm not alone either god will take care of our little angels and get them on track :]
    photo d23effce-d468-477e-941f-2e772f3afddb_zpsd1cd4bbb.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"