September 2012 Moms

Hand foot and mouth

My kid was the only left in her daycare room today with no symptoms of this. Should I be concerned still? How bad is this?
              image     image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hand foot and mouth

• I got that from the Dr's office shortly after I had LO.  I didn't feel horrible, but I just felt crummy!  The biggest thing I remember was that I had to wash my hands constantly and I was still BF at that point and I had to wear a mask so I didn't transfer it to her.  LOTS of hand sanitizer and if she is acting fine then I would worry about it!

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• hmp1hmp1 member

Every kid I know that goes to daycare has had it at some time. James had it when he was one but we didn't get it, probably because we had it as kids. Once they get it, it is very rare that they get it twice. It is pretty miserable. James didn't have a very bad case but he still didn't really eat for a few days and was a cranky mess. He had to miss almost a week of daycare.

Be on the look out for spots around the mouth, hand, feet, butt. Not eating and cranky was the first sign for us, then he got a fever, then the spots showed up. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • imagehmpmrj:
    Every kid I know that goes to daycare has had it at some time. James had it when he was one but we didn't get it, probably because we had it as kids. Once they get it, it is very rare that they get it twice. It is pretty miserable. James didn't have a very bad case but he still didn't really eat for a few days and was a cranky mess. He had to miss almost a week of daycare.Be on the look out for spots around the mouth, hand, feet, butt. Not eating and cranky was the first sign for us, then he got a fever, then the spots showed up.nbsp;

Thank you. I am just hoping she missed this round.
                  image     image
  • Pretty much the same as hmp described. DS had it last year on his face & in his mouth. This made it painful for him to eat, so I gave Tylenol before meals to help get some food in him. It was really rough.

I think they are infected about 7 days before they start showing signs, so definitely be on the lookout.  GL!

• I had it when on mat leave with DD, 2.5 yrs ago! My mom had to come help me care for DD for 2 days because my tongue was so messed up I couldn't talk, and my hands hurt. DD had it when she was 1, at Christmas and it ruined Christmas. She had it all over and it looked like chicken pox. She wanted only to nurse and eat watermelon chilled for days. Weirdly, she didn't get it as an infant when I had it, but then she was only a few months old. I definitely don't want that again!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • S had it recently in his throat. It was a mild form but it bothered him when eating. Pedi told us to give him cold bottles and Motrin when needed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"