Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Intro

Hi everyone. I'm a regular poster on the IF board but I think it will be good for me to join this board. I got pregnant this month after my first IVF (and 16 months of TTC). My first beta was only 33 and my levels haven't increased like they should. I met with my RE today and he said this is not a viable pregnancy. Today I am 5w1d and there would be a sac in the u/s but there wasn't. 

If my level goes up tomorrow, he said it could be ectopic and I may need to take methotrexate. If it goes down, I'll either miscarry naturally or take misoprostol.  If I want, I can get another u/s before doing either of those things. I might, if only for peace of mind. 

I'm devastated and so scared right now because I don't know what to expect. I hope to deal with some of this grief by getting to know and support all of you ladies on this board.  

TTC since December 2011
Me: 29 ovulatory disorder
DH: 30 MFI - low everything

IUI #1: 11/5/12 BFN
December IUI cancelled due to cyst
IUI #2: 1/8/13 BFN

IVF in April 2013 transferred one beautiful blast on 4/13
Beta #1 4/22: BFP!! 33 Beta #2 54 Beta #3 70 Beta #4 83 Beta #5 105. Possible ectopic, MTX and M/C 5w4d

FET 6/21 - Beta #1: 79 BFP!! Beta #2: 253 U/S 7/12: saw the sac! U/S #2 7/19 great heartbeat of 127!! U/S #3 heartbeat of 154! U/S #4 graduated to OB

EDD 3/9/14

imageimage

Re: Intro

• I'm sorry u have to join this board the ladies here r great!! We r al here for u...I would get another US for peace of mind like u said....I had to take the methergine..it sucked for me hopefully not for u .good luck and talk to u soon
  • I am so sorry for your loss, ::hugs:: I hope it isn't ectopic T and P for you! 

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • First and foremost.
    I am sorry that you have found your way here. Its a very scary thing. They can figure out if its ectopic relatively easy I believe. There is a lady here that just recently went through one herself. She can probably help you there.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to get ease of mind. I wouldn't do anything until I was 100 percent. If its not ectopic and your HCG levels are going up. I would wait it out. The pgal has a post on there about HCG levels. A ladies was not increasing like the doctor said they should, a lot of ladies had the same issue and waited it out and they are still pregnant, maybe you could go look. Its not over until its over.

If you are having a m/c I hope you will stay. The ladies here are wonderful and very supportive. But I truly hope your not.
    Best wishes.

::HUGS::
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers November 22, 2012: Went into ER with spotting to discover my babies had stopped developing at 10 wks 4 days and 11 wks 3 days. Their hearts no longer beat. EDD:05/27/2013 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers April 22, 2013: Found out I was miscarrying May 3, 2013:Saw baby in Utero and in tubes diagnosed with Heterotopic pregnancy May 7, 2013: Taken into surgery for tubal pregnancy baby and right tube was removed Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • So very sorry you are experiencing such stress, but I will remain hopeful for you.
  • Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for you. These girls are great on this board. We are here for you. 
  • I'm sorry you are going through this. There is absoluttely nothing wrong with waiting to give yourself peace of mind. When we lost our first, I had to take the misipristone (spelling probably isn't right sorry). It is a little rough. T&P's for you! I hope everything goes smoothly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"