April 2013 Moms

I'm just not ready!

My mom keeps telling me to make an appt this Friday to go and treat myself to a pedi and she'll watch LO! BUT, baby girl will be 3 weeks this Thursday and I just feel like I'm not ready to leave her with anyone but DH! I obv. know she knows how to care for a baby but I'm just nervous and I think its still too soon to leave her! How do I break it to her gently?

Re: I'm just not ready!

• I would tell her straight out, she should understand since she's been there I'm sure. I told my mil the same thing & I'll admit she was a little upset but she understood.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Simply take a rain check and thank her for her kind offer.  There will be a day when you are ready.  It's completely understandable that you aren't ready yet... just know it'll be hard no matter when you go, but each time you're away gets easier and more enjoyable.  

I have a training for work coming up, which will be the first time away from DS.  I'm dreadddddinnngggg it.  Luckily I'll only be gone for 3 hours or so. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I jumped at the opportunity for a pedicure when my mom suggested she stay with Reese. I just needed an hour away. I understand your hesitation but you won't be gone long, it will be good for you to get out and will prepare you for the future when you need to be gone longer.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's Only an hour. you should just do it. how does your mom handle lo whem you are there? if she's competent i'd take the treat. it's not an all day proposition. it's an hour to 90 minutes tops.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• KovakKovak member
    I know exactly how you feel! I left my little guy with my dad for an hour today so I could go to Target. Half way through my short shopping trip I started missing him so bad! I couldn't wait to get back to him. It was nice to get out and about though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Our baby girl will be 3 weeks tomorrow. DH and I actually went out for a date night over this past weekend. It was just dinner, but it was actually really great to get out of the house and spend some time with my husband, get dressed in real clothes, and just feel like a real human for a couple of hours lol. I'm not gonna lie, it was tough for me initially. I cried when we got in the car to leave. My mom stayed with LO. She is the only person I really think I trust wholeheartedly with LO so I didn't feel like I had to worry about her. She is a maternity/post partum nurse so she knows more about babies than i probably ever will. I just missed LO..since it was the first time we had been apart since she was born. I don't blame you for not feeling ready though. If it wasn't for my mom being a nurse that handles babies all the time, I don't think I would have been able to leave her yet. You should just be honest with your mom that you are just not ready to leave LO, but that you'll gladly take a rain check on her offer. I'm sure she will understand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"