Trying to Get Pregnant

TTC still

anyone have any advice on staying positive while ttc - while everyone around me seems to be conceiving instantly

Re: TTC still

• Like Jefa said, distract yourself. Get a hobby, volunteer, something.
    <3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• 1) Your fertility is not affected by anyone else's fertility

2) There is not a limited number of babies in the world.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Get a hobby. Seriously. I'm not trying to be snarky: Read some books, re-organize your house, try some new recipes, go hiking--anything to keep you from obsessing.

I found that charting my cycles and BBT on fertility friend help me a lot to keep from obsessing every. single. month.

FWIW, it's highly unlikely that all the people you know are getting pregnant "instantly." I haven't shared with anyone that we are actively trying for the past 6 months, so when I do announce my BFP I'm sure it will seem to them that I got pregnant "instantly."

BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sometimes when I'm feeling down, I have to remind myself that I have a great life, with a great husband and that before I started TTC, I was absolutely completely happy.  

After my second miscarriage I had a bit of a meltdown that I would never be able to have a child (Irrational I know, but I was in a bad place), anyway, my husband made a really good point to me.  He said if the worst thing that were to happen to us was that we could never have children, and that our lives would stay the same as they are now, then I would still consider myself lucky because I love our life and I love you.

It just made me realize that I need to enjoy the things I have and not worry about the things that I don't have.  So that's what I've been doing.  I also enjoy the fact that I can be completely irresponsible and immature without feeling guilty about it.  I know that will change once I have a child.

TTC Since July 2012
    BFP #1 11/07/12   M/C 12/11/12
    BFP #2 2/23/13    M/C 03/6/13
                       BFP #3 9/2/13  EDD 05/17/14                     
    Amy Elaine Born May 2!

• imagejefa621:

Find distraction.  Get a new hobby, start a blog, read books, take a cooking class.  Remember that those people having babies are not taking away any babies from you.   And just because you think that they are "conceiveing instantly" doesn't mean they are.  You don't necessarily know their journey.

I like this... they are not taking any babies away from me.  Sometimes it feels like that.  And I constantly have to remind myself that I don't know if it took them one month or three years to get pregnant. Just because I know about it right now, doesn't mean they haven't been trying forever. 

• It can take a healthy couple up to a year to get pregnant and how quickly others get pregnant has no bearing on that. 

Oh and booze.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Keep yourself busy and get a hobby. Enjoy the spring weather and get outside.

I know a few people that got pregnant really quickly, but unfortunately that is not a reality for me since I am on the 13th month/cycle. I am just trying to plan some warmer weather activities to keep myself busy and my mind off of babies.

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

May 2013: First R.E. appointment

DH: SA is good

May 2013: CD3 Blood work-normal
               June 2013: Hsg-Right tube blocked

July 26, 2013: Starting Follistim for IVF #1

August 2013: IVF #1 Cancelled- Abnormal embryos

October/November 2013: IVF #2 w/ICSI

November 8, 2013: Transferred two early blasts (no frosties) 

November 18, 2013: First EVER BFP! 

Beta#1: 91  Beta#2: 288

1st U/S- 5w2d Saw yolk sac!

3rd U/S- 7w4d HB of 157bpm!

TEAM BLUE!

http://movingtolight.blogspot.com/

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• I keep myself busy by blogging, reading, crafting, family game nights with DH and my kiddos. Oh, and booze.
  • Wine helps.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• imageSlapalicious:

Seriously, though, be happy for everyone around you.  Share in their joy.  There's not one less baby available in the universe because they conceived. Often times, we don't know the struggles that other people endure.  Remember that.

I love the "be happy for everyone around you" part of this advice, because it has helped me out tons this last cycle. While I find it comforting to be annoyed that everyone seems pregnant, it was just making me pissed off with my friends and not feel any better. When I've been happy for the people around me (and gotten to play with their babies), it's been a lot better, and I'm much less angry. 

/Users/bethany/Desktop/tea_2407678b.jpg
  • imageRocknroll64:

Sometimes when I'm feeling down, I have to remind myself that I have a great life, with a great husband and that before I started TTC, I was absolutely completely happy.  

After my second miscarriage I had a bit of a meltdown that I would never be able to have a child (Irrational I know, but I was in a bad place), anyway, my husband made a really good point to me.  He said if the worst thing that were to happen to us was that we could never have children, and that our lives would stay the same as they are now, then I would still consider myself lucky because I love our life and I love you.

It just made me realize that I need to enjoy the things I have and not worry about the things that I don't have.  So that's what I've been doing.  I also enjoy the fact that I can be completely irresponsible and immature without feeling guilty about it.  I know that will change once I have a child.

Great post. And what a sweet thing for your husband to say. :) 

• Thanks JRD and Al-e, I know I was shocked by his insight. He's been great.
    TTC Since July 2012
    BFP #1 11/07/12   M/C 12/11/12
    BFP #2 2/23/13    M/C 03/6/13
                       BFP #3 9/2/13  EDD 05/17/14                     
    Amy Elaine Born May 2!

• It wont be an easy journey.  It`s hard not to let yourself get anxious and inpatient.  We all go through that frustration.  As for trying to keep sane, everyone else hit the nail on the head, find a new hobby, volunteer, journal, anything to keep yourself occupied.  Use this time with your husband to do things that will be harder once a baby arrives, lots of travel, dates, anything you guys like to do together.  It`s a time to have fun with eachother.  Don`t let yourself get discouraged that it doesn`t happen as fast as others you know.  My mom and my sister got pregnant on their first tries, I am 10 months in and have to remind myself a year is what is said for a healthy couple.

GL to you!  Also, stay and explore the board.  Get to know the ladies here they are pretty great!

EDIT:  I also use this time to get my body in the best shape possible for a healthy pregnancy.  Working out really helps one stay positive!

• imageTamma254:
    I keep myself busy by blogging, reading, crafting, family game nights with DH and my kiddos. Oh, and booze.

Yes

**~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• imageTamma254:
    I keep myself busy by blogging, reading, crafting, family game nights with DH and my kiddos. Oh, and booze.

Yes

**~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"