Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Early Ovulation --- Can I test early?

Hi! I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out. My husband and I aren't currently TTC but plan to in the near future, so if we get a surprise BFP we'll be thrilled. We BD without protection on 4/17 thinking I was not fertile at the time, but on 4/20 I noticed EWCM, which would possibly mean ovulation was a full week earlier than I expected. So, I'm not expecting my period until 5/11, but because ovulation was a week early, can I test sooner than that? I've been noticing all kinds of symptoms but that could very well be just my mind playing tricks on me because I'd love to find out I am pregnant. I'm possibly 10 dpo now, when do you think I should test?

Re: Early Ovulation --- Can I test early?

• Options
    You can get fertile CM at any point in your cycle. It does not prove ovulation.

Test whenever you want, but I would wait until your period would most likely show up.

While you wait for that, read the newbie link and blog.
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • Options

imageNariaDreaming:
    If you're not charting you don't know when you ovulated- especially since you didn't use OPKs either. 

You *could* test now- but I'd wait it out at least another week. 

You can get EWCM at other times in your cycle. 

I also found that until I was charting and really looking for patterns and consistencies, sometimes I *thought* I was having EWCM, but as it turns out, it was more sticky than stretchy, etc, etc. 

Might try picking up Taking Control of Your Fertility- amazing what I learned about my body!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Wait a little longer.  I get EWCM for up to 5 days before ovulation, so it's very likely that you ovulated when you thought you were going to.  Although, you don't really know unless you're charting BBT, or, at the very least, taking OPKs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for your input. I've been paying closer attention to my cylce for a few months now, but I haven't gone all out and done temping or OPKs yet. I guess I'll just wait it out a little longer.
  • Options

imageKay828:
    Thanks for your input. I've been paying closer attention to my cylce for a few months now, but I haven't gone all out and done temping or OPKs yet. I guess I'll just wait it out a little longer.

Personally, I would wait a little longer as well.  It will only drive you crazy testing too early because then you will feel the need to test again later on anyway.

GL on your journey!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"