Parenting

Mommas with older toddler/preschool girls...

During the summer, do you put shorts under your daughter's dresses? If so, where have you found the best shorts?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Mommas with older toddler/preschool girls...

• No, but now that she'll be starting school I'm wondering if I should be...

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• I put bike shorts on her.

I the ones I like are from target or TCP.

ETA: Links

TCP

Target

BFP #1 10/28/09 EDD 06/24/10- Miscarriage 11/2/09
    BFP #2 11/30/09 EDD 08/12/10- Sophia Grace born 8/1/10
    BFP #3 11/16/10 EDD 08/04/11- Samuel Richard born 7/28/11
    BFP #4 01/04/12 EDD 09/19/12- Simon Nathaniel born 9/6/12
    BFP #5 03/27/13 EDD 11/25/13- Savannah Lee born 11/18/13
  • Loading the player...
  • I've started putting bloomers over her panties.  I'm just using bloomers that were part of sets we already have. 
  • I hadn't even thought about it. Perhaps I should, considering DD1 actually laid down on the stage, feet towards the audience, and did snow angel movements during her last "appearance" at school.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagescoutkate:
    I've started putting bloomers over her panties.  I'm just using bloomers that were part of sets we already have. 

Yeah, I've noticed that with sizes 3T and up, most dresses don't come with bloomers...

• Yes, bike shorts.  Now that she is in school it's in the handbook that they have to.
  • imagescoutkate:
    I've started putting bloomers over her panties.  I'm just using bloomers that were part of sets we already have. 

This, and some ruffle butts I have from last summer that still fit. Decorum is not her strong suit.

BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

• imageacaudill75:
    I hadn't even thought about it. Perhaps I should, considering DD1 actually laid down on the stage, feet towards the audience, and did snow angel movements during her last "appearance" at school.

Awesome.  Why is it I could totally see my kid doing this?  Oh wait because on the train on Friday she took her legs and put them up around her ears while wearing a dress and flashed everyone.  Yep that's why.

• I"m in the minority here- I just do dresses and undies. My DD is fully PT Big Smile
  • I don't. DD just wears panties under her skirts and dresses.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • imageMamatoA2010:
    I"m in the minority here- I just do dresses and undies. My DD is fully PT Big Smile

Mine is fully PT, too.  Unfortunately she likes to flash people, and has also been known to go "exploring" in her panties if she's given easy access to them.  Everyone is happier when she wears bloomers. 

• imagescoutkate:
    I've started putting bloomers over her panties.nbsp; I'm just using bloomers thatnbsp;were part of sets we already have.nbsp;
    This what I do.
  • Walmart has some cheap spandex type shorts that would go well under dresses.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We recently got these shorts from Kohls called Playground Pals Mini Shorts.

Playground Pals Mini Shorts

I found a coupon so they ended up being around $4 but they are light weight and exactly what I was looking for. My DD loves dresses but she also loves hanging upside down at the playground.

• jlw2505jlw2505 member
    Yes and my favs are the ones I got last summer from Old Navy.  I bought some from Target this year but they seem thinner so am wondering if you will be able to see the designs on the girls undies through them (they are a very light pink).
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • imagescoutkate:

This is what we've been doing also, but I probably will get her some bike shorts to make going down slides more comfortable with a dress on in the summer.  Those slides get hot.

Mom to two beautiful girls and forever labor buddy to the fab lady MandaPanda518!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"