September 2012 Moms

Another CIO question

So I have attempted both Ferber and full extinction CIO in the past and have been unsuccessful with both. I mentioned before that he gets so worked up that he throws up which obviously isn't fun for anyone.

I am going to try again this week because I'm running out of ideas and I'm going to have a breakdown soon if I don't get some sleep.

So my question is: what do you do with CIO if LO can stand up in crib? I tried today already for both naps (obviously both unsuccessful again) and both times he got so mad that he would pull himself up and stand up and then he can't get back down, nor does he want to. What am I supposed to do with that? Go in each time and lay him back down? In 5 minutes, he is back up again. I just don't know what to do.

Any help would be great!

Re: Another CIO question

• imageCdnFarmGirl08:

So I have attempted both Ferber and full extinction CIO in the past and have been unsuccessful with both. I mentioned before that he gets so worked up that he throws up which obviously isn't fun for anyone.

I am going to try again this week because I'm running out of ideas and I'm going to have a breakdown soon if I don't get some sleep.

So my question is: what do you do with CIO if LO can stand up in crib? I tried today already for both naps (obviously both unsuccessful again) and both times he got so mad that he would pull himself up and stand up and then he can't get back down, nor does he want to. What am I supposed to do with that? Go in each time and lay him back down? In 5 minutes, he is back up again. I just don't know what to do.

Any help would be great!

Yep. Say nothing and keep laying him back down. He will get it eventually. When DD went through that it took her a few days before she stopped trying and. of course, eventually he will be able to do it himself.

• imagedelaine0821:
    imageCdnFarmGirl08:

Any help would be great!

Yep. Say nothing and keep laying him back down. He will get it eventually. When DD went through that it took her a few days before she stopped trying and. of course, eventually he will be able to do it himself.

Also from what I've read you should either do night time or naps and once that is routine and doing great then move to the other. Don't tackle both at once.

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks everyone. I will keep trying I guess. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"