May 2013 Moms

going back for monitoring @ 38 weeks

In my OBGYN office there are four doctors, my main doctor has been saying I am just fine and the baby is just smaller in size. This one doctor has made me go back for an ultrasound at 34 weeks and is now making me go back for monitoring at 38 weeks. The baby is SMALL. Why do this to someone who is towards the end, while everyone else is saying I'm fine. It makes me sad and worry about it. I've taken every test and she's passed with flying colors. I mean.... come on!

Re: going back for monitoring @ 38 weeks

• Why do this? Because a baby could be small because of an issue with the placenta/cord, and because some issues may require an earlier induction to make sure the baby is healthy. Perhaps your measurements are borderline, and one doctor wants to err on the side of caution. I should think this would make you happy, having a doc look out for the best interest of your baby. 

My docs want all sorts of ultrasounds this pregnancy, and not once have I felt like "why are they doing this to me? How mean!"

Be happy everything is fine so far, and let's hope you don't have cause to say "gee, I'm glad that cautious doc wanted to check, or we would have never found this serious problem!" 

4 IUIs: Bfn
    Antagonist IVF 7 retrieved, 4 fert w/ICSI&AH, 2 blasts transferred. Beta #1 9/20: 367 Beta #2 9/22: 841
    image image
  • imageKiller Tomato:

Why do this? Because a baby could be small because of an issue with the placenta/cord, and because some issues may require an earlier induction to make sure the baby is healthy. Perhaps your measurements are borderline, and one doctor wants to err on the side of caution. I should think this would make you happy, having a doc look out for the best interest of your baby. 

My docs want all sorts of ultrasounds this pregnancy, and not once have I felt like "why are they doing this to me? How mean!"

Be happy everything is fine so far, and let's hope you don't have cause to say "gee, I'm glad that cautious doc wanted to check, or we would have never found this serious problem!" 

I see where you're coming from and I feel happy that this doctor cares but how come it's just this one? It's frustrating because it makes you feel you are going something wrong.  

• Loading the player...
  • Way better to be safe then sorry. We should be willing to do anything to ensure the safety of our babies.

Plus, this is just the beginning of the worrying!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I go back at 1:30 so I will let you all know how it goes. 
  • imagebknutson23:
    I go back at 1:30 so I will let you all know how it goes.nbsp;

Good luck!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have been going through the same thing and it makes me think maybe they aren't giving me all the information, but i'm sure that's just my paranoia. I've had a healthy pregnancy just on the small side, which everyone in my family was so I was never concerned, and then at 35 weeks they said I need to come in twice a week for NST, growth scans, and fluid checks. I just went with it. The main concern at this point is growth rate. They don't want the baby to starve, as they are not entirely sure what causes interuterine restrictions. I won't lie though, it sucks spending 3 days a week in waiting rooms and offices.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageShoecrazysarah:
    Way better to be safe then sorry. We should be willing to do anything to ensure the safety of our babies. Plus, this is just the beginning of the worrying!
    Agreed. On both parts. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks ladies. Everything sounded great! Ultrasound on Thursday. I'm sure everything is going to be fine. :
  • My doctor is very better to be safe than sorry. While all the tests and blood tests get old when someone is poking you for the second time that week I would do it everyday if I had to in order to be sure that everything is ok. But your right the worry waiting for results sucks I totally get where your coming from with that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"