August 2012 Moms

Spaghetti!

To those of you who have fed LO's spaghetti....how did you do it? Sauce? No sauce? Cut up? Mashed up? Did they gag? I want to try with LO tonight but I'm afraid of a long piece getting stuck in her throat.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Spaghetti!

• He eats it the same way we do; with sauce. I cut it up for him, because it's easier to eat.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I make him orzo or ditalini because they're small. Penne is also easy to pick up. We do sauce. I also grate a little Parmesan onto his tray that he likes to lick off his hands. If we do actual spaghetti, I still cut it. He really likes meatballs.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Loading the player...
  • I've made ravioli and just cut some up for DS with the sauce on it.  If we are having spaghetti noodles, I just cut up the noodles.  And now I want spaghetti!  Yum!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker 

• I am still doing almost all purees.  How do you decide what they can eat?  I am so afraid she will choke and I will freak out :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageTapthathank:
    I've made ravioli and just cut some up for DS with the sauce on it.nbsp; If we are having spaghetti noodles, I just cut up the noodles.nbsp; And now I want spaghetti!nbsp; Yum!

We just tried ravioli. He loved it.

• imagenobadwriting:

imagefullogirl:
    I am still doing almost all purees.  How do you decide what they can eat?  I am so afraid she will choke and I will freak out :). 

This is us. We tried some really chunky stage 3 foods, but DS still has no teeth and just gagged on the chunks because he didn't get the concept of mashing the food with his jaw. I'm going to wait until he has some teeth to try chunks again. 

Howell doesn't really use his teeth to mash chunks. He chews on the side where his molars will be.

• I gave him sauce but no meat and cut the noodles up very small. I stripped him down to just a diaper and let him go for it. He did not gag.

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Haven't tried this yet because I'm such a worry wart. I'd probably do as other PPs mentioned and cut it up really small and I think sauce would help move the noodle down her throat, KWIM? Obviously some water too. Good luck! I can't wait to do this with DS, just waiting on a few more teeth...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"