Pregnant after a Loss

Got the call

The clinic in the north just called my cell while I'm away on vacation to let me know that my preventative leave has been officially approved by the government and I'm off work starting immediately. Obviously I'm not working right now anyway since I'm on vacation lol, but it's good to hear it's all taken care of for when I get back. Also, this pregnancy around they're offering me the option to pay out of pocket for an NT scan, an option they didn't give me last time, so we're taking it. I'll have to travel 10 or 11 hours away to get it done because they don't have the ability to do it where we are, but they arrange the trip and pay for it, you just have to pay for the tests at $150.

On the flip side my PgAL brain is an absolute mess. I woke up this morning with this horrible sinking feeling that I wasn't pregnant anymore and woke up Mr.MM and bawled. I still have mild cramping coming and going and beige discharge sometimes when I wipe, plus the fading soreness of my boobs and the fact that the rest of my symptoms have never been strong if any, I'm just falling apart with 6 days to go to my u/s and way to much time to think about it on vacation.

So today is a mixed bag *sigh* 

BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~

Re: Got the call

• I'm glad to hear that your leave got accepted.

And, I totally feel you on the symptoms. I'm dealing with the same type of discharge and at times it freaks me out and I start to cry. Then I remind myself that I'm not actually bleeding and that these sort of things can be normal. Big big hugs lady. I'm here to talk any time!!
  • imagePink Camino:
    I'm glad to hear that your leave got accepted. And, I totally feel you on the symptoms. I'm dealing with the same type of discharge and at times it freaks me out and I start to cry. Then I remind myself that I'm not actually bleeding and that these sort of things can be normal. Big big hugs lady. I'm here to talk any time!!

*HUGS* sorry you're in the same boat :( trust me if this pg sticks you won't be able to get rid of me with us both sitting at home lol.  

BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad to hear that everything worked out for your leave. T's and P's that PGAL brain leaves you alone!

((hugs)) 

• Hugs MM. I'm sorry you feel this way. Just try to remember that symptoms come and go and sometimes go but don't come back. Pgal is a mindfluck and we are here for you!

• yay for your good news!

sorry you're stressing... we all know there's not much to say to make that better, but just try to take it easy 

BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • Woohoo for the leave approval!!

Keep your chin up!!

Rachel (23) and Ben (25)
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Check out my blog.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    BFP #3: 2/14/13 EDD:10/16/2013 (Please stick little one)
  • I'm glad everything went through with your leave! That's great news! Sorry PgAL brain is getting to you. I'm in the same boat. All my symptoms are disappearing. Ugh :

TTC since August 2011
    BFP#1 3/16/12 EDD 11/21/12 Delivered 6/1/12 at 15 weeks 2 days
    "If there ever comes a day when we can't be together... Keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." ~ Winnie the Pooh

BFP#2 4/14/13 EDD 12/24/13 Please be our rainbow after the storm!
    Beta#1 @ 15dpo 274, P4 16.9 Beta#2 @ 18dpo 940!! Doubling time of 40 hours!! u/s @ 6w2d showed a beautiful HB of 120! u/s @ 10w1d HB 174!! Grow, LO Grow!! Found out 7/22 we are TEAM BLUE!!
    Zaiden Harper was born 12/22/13 at 1:46 am. 9lbs 8oz and 22in
    ~*~AL Always Welcome~*~
    imageimage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Yay for the leave approval!

Hopefully those symptoms kick up a bit soon to give you a little relief!

BFP #1 June 1, 2012 missed m/c July 3, 2012 Cytotec July 12, 2012 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Chart TTCAL March Siggy Challenge: Chris O'Dowd Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Huge ((hugs)) MM, I'm sorry pgal brain is acting up.

I'm glad you got the approval for your leave!

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• Lurky Loo

Yay for your leave getting approved!

Double yay for the option of the NT.  The drive is a bear, but I think it will be worth the peace of mind it'll give you...particularly because the timing for it is right about the gestation when your loss was discovered.  That they cover and arrange the trip is sweet, and $150 isn't bad for pgal peace of mind.  You're gonna be absolutely amazed at how much development occurs betweens 8w and 11ish. 

The PgAL brain you described is completely normal with an u/s approaching.  I think to protect ourselves we tend to go in there expecting the worst and hoping for the best.  Please know that mild cramping is totally normal, expected even.  Beige discharge is something I had for.ever with D, and symptoms coming and going is also totally normal.  Some of us (like me) are lucky enough not to get much in the way of 1st tri symptoms at all.  Handy for day to day life...but not handy for the pgal mind.  The level of your symptoms isn't a good indicator of the viability of your pregnancy. 

(((hugs)))

ps. CH, baby!

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• imageJunebug060609:

Lurky Loo

Yay for your leave getting approved!

Double yay for the option of the NT.  The drive is a bear, but I think it will be worth the peace of mind it'll give you...particularly because the timing for it is right about the gestation when your loss was discovered.  That they cover and arrange the trip is sweet, and $150 isn't bad for pgal peace of mind.  You're gonna be absolutely amazed at how much development occurs betweens 8w and 11ish. 

The PgAL brain you described is completely normal with an u/s approaching.  I think to protect ourselves we tend to go in there expecting the worst and hoping for the best.  Please know that mild cramping is totally normal, expected even.  Beige discharge is something I had for.ever with D, and symptoms coming and going is also totally normal.  Some of us (like me) are lucky enough not to get much in the way of 1st tri symptoms at all.  Handy for day to day life...but not handy for the pgal mind.  The level of your symptoms isn't a good indicator of the viability of your pregnancy. 

(((hugs)))

ps. CH, baby!

*HUGS* thank you, you are forever my voice of reason. Yahoo CHs!!! In 2 weeks you'll be hanging out over here :D 

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • I'm glad your leave got approved! I'm sorry about PGAL brain sweetie! I'm sure everything will be okay. Big hugs
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yay on your leave and NT deal! I hate that PgAL brain has been so rough on you. ::mobile hugs::

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• jhs121jhs121 member
    imageJunebug060609:

Some of us (like me) are lucky enough not to get much in the way of 1st tri symptoms at all.  Handy for day to day life...but not handy for the pgal mind.  The level of your symptoms isn't a good indicator of the viability of your pregnancy. 

(((hugs)))

ps. CH, baby!

I hear ya on the 1st tri symptoms.  I haven't had anything.  I'm thankful, but then the Pgal brain creeps in subconsciously.  And I realize....I'm checking my breasts for tenderness and realizing I don't have m/s yet.  Geez, I hope all is developing in there.  I *think* I'm peeing more but then I'm drinking more too soooo ???

I love your quote...  "The level of your symptoms isn't a good indicator of the viability of your pregnancy!"  I'm hanging on to that for sure!  That is wisdom!  Thanks!

Hope Pgal brain gets lost and you can enjoy your vacation.  Praying for an awesome u/s for you.

We can't wait to meet you, our baby surfer GIRL!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary

IMG_0517
  • That's good news : )

Hang in there MM, I'll be thinking about ya with your upcoming u/s.

imageimage

Me:41/ lean PCOS, 2 clotting disorders, IC/ DH:41~ TTC since 1/11
    Clomid 50mg,100mg,150mg | Injectables + IUI#1 & IUI#2= BFN
    IVF#1~ 8/2012~ 13 frosties~ BFP! OHSS
    12/4/12 Luke & Kyle born @ 18 weeks
    SHG+ Hysteroscopy+ FET= BFP | Cerclage+ Lovenox+ 5m Bed Rest
    ~Our wee guy is here! 11/27/13~

PAL January Siggy Challenge~ Good Advice

• (((((mm)))))  Sounds like everything is falling into place.  I know it seems scary to start planning things so far out, but just remember- scheduling won't jinx you.  I kind of feel like the pot calling the kettle black here, because I was the same way with making my first OB appointment.  Try not to worry too much, and enjoy your vacation!

TTC started Oct '10
    Me: AMA w/RSD, atypical PCOS w/IR, LPD and High Prolactin. Controlled HP post-loss.
    DH: Low-T and borderline morph
    18 cycles, 3 medicated w/RE to get to a BFP!
    EDD 9/7/12, Saw HB @7w3d,missed m/c 1/30 @8w3d, d&c 2/8
    11 AL cycles, 9 medicated/IUI cycles. All BFFN!
    Moving forward with IVF
    BFP#2 our little cycle break surprise on AL cycle 12! EDD 10/27/13
    Beta #1: 41 Beta #2: 398; perfect u/s 3/11 hb @133bpm
    u/s 3/25 one perfect hb @183 bpm, adjusted EDD 10/23/13
    MaterniT21 and carrier screens normal. It's a girl!!!
    Severe Pre-E, HFpEF, PE, AMA & IF= OAD

imageimageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    All IF/AL Welcome!
  • **lurking**

yay for your leave getting approved!! 

(((hugs))) about the PgAL brain, try not to stress too much honey!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"