August 2013 Moms

Double Stroller Recs

Ladies,

Whats ur opinion? What do you have for all the mothers of 2.

The one that I have been looking at is the Graco Ready to Grow LX Stand and Roll ( the stroller has 12 different positions) Double Stroller which looks pretty good but I would have to buy the additional car seat.

I didn?t think that double strollers were so expensive geez

thanks

Re: Double Stroller Recs

• I'm playing the "wait and see" game. We don't use the stroller much, so I figure between a stroller and a carrier, I probably don't need a double stroller. I can put the baby in the carrier and DS in the stroller, or vice versa, depending on what DS feels like.
  • We bought the mountain buggy plus one with DD because we were planning to have a second one pretty close. It's pricey but extremely well made, has multiple positions, has stadium style seating so it fits through doors, and handles very well off road.

Downfalls are the price, size, and weight. I'm small but can still get it in and out of my Saturn ions trunk.

• Loading the player...
  • We bought the Safety 1st? Micah Stand On Board Stroller.  By the time baby#2 is out of the carseat, DS1 will be 3 and hopefully like the sit and stand part.  

DS1 will still be going to preschool part time so I can use our other stroller still.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We decided on the baby jogger city select.  We've looked at the sit n stands the Joovy Ergo, Phil n Ted w/ the second seat and the B-Ready.  I like all the different seating options, the maneuverability and how it easily it converts to a single / double.  It is pricey but they pop up on Craigslist in NYC all the time for around $400 with everything included.  Totally worth the hour drive for us to get used.

BabyFruit Ticker

IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/qpqv84.jpg[/IMG]

Patiently waiting for little brother!

• We also bought the Graco Ready to Grow LX Stand and Roll stroller.  We haven't used it yet, so I don't have a true review on it.  We liked all the different ways to use it that a lot of the other sit and stand strollers couldn't do.  Our infant car seat is already a Graco though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I actually just looked at the Graco Ready2Grow as well. I am pretty sure thats the one we're going with. All the others are way too expensive for our budget!
    8.7.04 Married the Man
    7.16.11 Welcomed the Boy (#1)
    8.19.13 Welcomed the Boy (#2)

• Buy used most people don't use doubles that much and there is a great variety on Craigslist! I got a Chicco carseat and stroller for 100 it regularly 300 and in perfect condition!
  • We have the Phil and Teds with a doubles kit.  It has worked out great for the 2 boys we have.  I love how easy it is to convert from a single to a double, so I'm sure I'll be using it for a good long while more.
    imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I ended up finding a jeep double stroller for crazy cheap, but I think if I was going to choose one, I would have gone with the graco ready to grow as well. It just looks really versatile and pretty affordable for the short amount of time I will be using it.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"