Minnesota Babies

Possible move and reccomendations?

We may be transferred for a promotion for my husband. He would work in Mendota Heights. Any reccomendations for towns to move to? I'm pg with number 3 so family friendly is a must. Lots of parks, trails a plus. Ay help would be amazing. It has been suggested we look at farmington and/or Lakeville. Not loving the housing options in Farmington. Seems like all new developments with small yards. We'd like a nice mature neighborhood with trees and nice sized yards. Thanks in advance.

Re: Possible move and reccomendations?

• We live in Lakeville and love it!  When we eventually move we'll be looking at Apple Valley, Rosemount, and Eagan along with Lakeville.  Eagan has a lot of mature neighborhoods and tons of parks and trails- it's also very close to Mendota Heights.  

Good luck with your search!!!  

• We live in Woodbury, and I think it's a great place to live (with the exception of very expensive day care!). There are some really nice/large parks (Carver Lake, Colby Lake, Ojibway) here. Lots of new developments, but also some older ones - the houses in the older ones are more reasonably priced IMO. We live in an older neighborhood which is full of big, mature trees.
  • Loading the player...
  • Mendota Heights is actually great all on its own:)  Woodbury wouldn't be far and has excellent schools, too. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Agreed that Mendota Heights itself meets your requirements. Also Lilydale, Mendota, Sunfish Lake, et al. Inver Grove and certain neighborhoods in St Paul would also be a places to look.
    imageimage
  • Thanks ladies. From what I see, I like homes in Woodbury. Are the schools good there? I. Can't wait to go up and see it all in person. Luckily I stay home so I don't have to worry about daycare. That would make this move all that much more difficult.
  • Also we just found out that its a definite!!!
  • schmoodschmood member
    School district 196 is supposed to be really good.  196 covers parts of Eagan, Apple Valley and Rosemount.  Eagan borders Mendota Heights. As others have mentioned Mendota Heights is a good city to live in as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm a St Paul native, so I'm a bit biased, but I LOVE living in the city. There are so many parks, play grounds, lakes, etc! And lots of families in neighborhoods like Como, St Anthony, Mac/Groveland and Highland. You'll find older homes on mature tree-lined streets in all these neighborhoods. Yard size is on the smaller side, but you can find some larger yards if you look. St Paul is a small town with convenience of being near the big city of Minneapolis. Not to mention that the commute to Mendota Heights would be a breeze. I used to work there and it took me 10-15 minutes to get to work because I was going the opposite direction of most traffic.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I live in Eagan. I love it here! There are 6 parks and trails within 4 miles of my home and 3 within 1mile! There's so much to do and you're so close to the city but still get that family friendly suburban life with AMAZING schools! I would recommend Eagan, Apple Valley, Rosemount or anywhere in district 196. The Community Education classes are also great here and there is so much for kids to do in the summer! Plus, you're close to the MN Zoo if you're around here! What's better than that?! Really can't go wrong with this area!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"