May 2013 Moms

ANOTHER u/s

So, the shocking ultrasound that told us our little one has BOY PARTS also showed a slightly elevated level of fluid. It's 24, which I guess is on the very high side of normal. No one seems concerned about it, but the midwife did order another ultrasound to check, just to be sure. What I'm actually worried about: another surprise!

You guyzzz. Reassure me that when I go in for this u/s they are not going to tell me it's a girl?!?!

I seriously trust no one now. Paranoid! 

He melts me...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Calvin Francis
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ANOTHER u/s

• FX that your fluid levels come back normal and that you don't get surprised again.
    My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

• imagebeaubecca:
    At this point I would be prepared for both - or perhaps a hermaphrodite unicorn! I would be really annoyed because I was happy to know the sex of the baby, but since you've been surprised once I would just go in thinking gender neutral and chalk it up to a fun story in his -- her??? -- future!

omg. no one mentioned the possibility of a unicorn baby. 

what would i tell my husband? 

He melts me...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Calvin Francis
  • Loading the player...
  • Hope your fluid level is ok. 

I feel your pain about the surprises in ultrasounds though.  I had one at 18 weeks, and we found little boy parts.  Both of us were very excited.  Fast forward to 25 weeks, and the same ultrasound tech was a little alarmed, because it appeared that the boy parts may have fallen off.  Then, at 32 weeks, SURPRISE! The boy parts have been re-attached.  Same U/S tech all three times, but Bean really doesn't like U/S's, so he must have just been uncooperative at 28 weeks.

• One of mine had slightly higher fluid levels for most of the pregnancy.  They were never super concerned about it.  It ended up evening out, but they may just check it more often for you.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"